• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1988 Libertad PL slot

11 posts in this topic

• Administrator
5 hours ago, TMCGRADY said:

Can you create a new slot for the 1988 DD -001 1oz Libertad with PL designation? 

Also can you creat a slot for the 1984 1oz libertad with the PL designation?

Thanks for the request, TMCGRADY.

We will look into this and send you an email. Thanks very much.

I know things are very busy at NGC but I dont think I have received any response on this yet. A few years ago I discovered the first MS 1oz proof like libertad and received the first PL designation for any MS Libertad coin ever graded for the series. This was the 1990 1oz Mexico Libertad and requested a slot for it without any issues a few years ago. Since then there have been several 1990 1oz libertads graded and given the PL designation.  After the 1990, the 1985, 1986 and 1987 DD soon followed with Proof Like designations added to their grades. All the above PL slots were added to the 1oz Mexico Libertad registry set.

Currently I have a couple of 1984 and a 1988 double die 001 that have received the PL designation on graded 1oz MS libertads and I was wondering if those slots can be added as well?. Adding slots like these create more exposure and interest.

Over the past few years I have requested additional slots in the 1oz MS Mexico Libertad set from 1982 to the current year. My 1988 DD002 was the first one graded by NGC, I discovered the 1982 DD and the 82 TD and requested a new slot for the 1986 PL and the 1983 DD where all slots were created in the registry set. This all started when I discovered the very first and had NGC grade the first 1990 1oz MS coin that received the PL designation a few years ago.

Your help with adding the 84 PL and the 1988 001 PL slots are greatly appreciated and will spark even more interest to these coins from current collectors and new collectors alike. 

• Administrator
On 4/13/2019 at 8:47 AM, TMCGRADY said:

I know things are very busy at NGC but I dont think I have received any response on this yet. A few years ago I discovered the first MS 1oz proof like libertad and received the first PL designation for any MS Libertad coin ever graded for the series. This was the 1990 1oz Mexico Libertad and requested a slot for it without any issues a few years ago. Since then there have been several 1990 1oz libertads graded and given the PL designation.  After the 1990, the 1985, 1986 and 1987 DD soon followed with Proof Like designations added to their grades. All the above PL slots were added to the 1oz Mexico Libertad registry set.

Currently I have a couple of 1984 and a 1988 double die 001 that have received the PL designation on graded 1oz MS libertads and I was wondering if those slots can be added as well?. Adding slots like these create more exposure and interest.

Over the past few years I have requested additional slots in the 1oz MS Mexico Libertad set from 1982 to the current year. My 1988 DD002 was the first one graded by NGC, I discovered the 1982 DD and the 82 TD and requested a new slot for the 1986 PL and the 1983 DD where all slots were created in the registry set. This all started when I discovered the very first and had NGC grade the first 1990 1oz MS coin that received the PL designation a few years ago.

Your help with adding the 84 PL and the 1988 001 PL slots are greatly appreciated and will spark even more interest to these coins from current collectors and new collectors alike. 

RE: adding the 84 PL and the 1988 001 PL slots

Hello, TMCGRADY.

Thanks for the inquiry. These coins are eligible in these slots in this set:

Mexico: Silver 1 Onza, Libertad, 1982-Date, Mint State, Including Varieties
Slot Name: 1984MO
Slot Name: 1988MO DDR-001 DOUBLED DIE REVERSE
Slot Name: 1988MO DDR-002 DOUBLED DIE REVERSE

We sent you an email on Feb. 8th to the email address we have on file for you. Here is what it said:

Hello, Tom.

Thanks for the request. We have only graded the 1988Mo DDR as MS PL which is different than a designation of PROOFLIKE. This coin would go into the MS set. The case is the same for the 1984 MS PL.

Please let us know when we may assist next at registry@ngccoin.com. Thank you.

That is correct, I should have stated these were for the MS set. The 1988 DDR I have is a 001 variety as there is also a 002 which is a second variety. And a totally different coin and slot. The PL for for the 001 slot.

Thanks

Tom

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, TMCGRADY said:

That is correct, I should have stated these were for the MS set. The 1988 DDR I have is a 001 variety as there is also a 002 which is a second variety. And a totally different coin and slot. The PL for for the 001 slot.

Thanks

Tom

Hello, Tom.

We see you just successfully added your 1988 DDR-001 MS 66 PL coin here:

Silver 1 Onza, Libertad, 1982-Date, Mint State, Including Varieties
Slot: 1988MO DDR-001 DOUBLED DIE REVERSE

If you need further assistance, please let us know. Thank you.

Edited by Ali E.

Thanks so much.

I forgot to ask about the slot for the 1987 DD with PL designation for this set as well as I have that coin also and I think there is another one out there, can you add the PL slot for the 1987 DD in the MS 1oz Libertad set?

Thanks again.

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, TMCGRADY said:

Thanks so much.

I forgot to ask about the slot for the 1987 DD with PL designation for this set as well as I have that coin also and I think there is another one out there, can you add the PL slot for the 1987 DD in the MS 1oz Libertad set?

Thanks again.

Thanks for the request, TMCGRADY.

This slot is already there: 1987MO DOUBLED DIE REVERSE in this set: Silver 1 Onza, Libertad, 1982-Date, Mint State, Including Varieties

You already have a coin in that slot. I see you have three available coins for that slot. Any MS PL coin is eligible for that slot, also. Thank you.

Greetings,

I see y'all are taking about different slots .  I have a question, as far as I know there are at least 3 varieties of 1982 TDR . TMCGRADY here discovered the first and only

1982 TDR -001 (NGC # 2809397-001  MS 65) , I discovered the 2nd variety 1982 TDR-002  ( NGC # 2811874-001 MS64) and there is another variety out there , I could not get the  NGC cert. #   Clearly they are not the same variety. Who can I ask to distinguish these varieties ?    HELP  PLEASE       

• Administrator
2 hours ago, rcarrollb said:

Greetings,

I see y'all are taking about different slots .  I have a question, as far as I know there are at least 3 varieties of 1982 TDR . TMCGRADY here discovered the first and only

1982 TDR -001 (NGC # 2809397-001  MS 65) , I discovered the 2nd variety 1982 TDR-002  ( NGC # 2811874-001 MS64) and there is another variety out there , I could not get the  NGC cert. #   Clearly they are not the same variety. Who can I ask to distinguish these varieties ?    HELP  PLEASE       

Hello.

Thank you for the inquiry.

Please contact Customer Service at 1-800-642-2646 or at service@ngccoin.com for questions about designations or varieties. You may also look to our census to see what varieties have been recognized thus far. Thank you.

On 5/9/2019 at 6:42 AM, rcarrollb said:

Greetings,

I dont see where there is a second variety of the 1982 TDR-002, if there was another variety it would be notated on the holder.