• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 d penny no fg
1 1

20 posts in this topic

It appears that this die was resurfaced to the point of removing some of the design, including the designer's initials and part of the roof of the memorial. From the little information I have found, this seems to be somewhat common on cents from 1969 and 70. (possibly other years, as well.)

4 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

It appears that this die was resurfaced to the point of removing some of the design, including the designer's initials and part of the roof of the memorial. From the little information I have found, this seems to be somewhat common on cents from 1969 and 70. (possibly other years, as well.)

Thank you, wasn't really sure. Just still hunting for that really cool one. Haha 

This same coin has a line from Lincoln head all the way through the W to the inter end of coin. Would that be call a cracked die. I know this isn't a really good pic ,but it's the best I can do.

20190131_113401.jpg

Cool Die Crack, common location on Lincoln cents, I still keep them, sold off a huge amount of them I had from saving over the years. I also have some Missing FG, in my opinion even though it is because they were polished off over the years on dies, I still collect them, they are people who do buy them and I think it is fun to collect them. I know a few people who tried to get an example of several years...1969 and 1970 many of them, yes.....

Thank you. I thought it's pretty cool to find errors on both sides of the coin. This really amp me up to keep hunting. Gotta keep the coffee filled, still have a whole lot more to look through. Hahahaha 

Here's a better look on reverse, on the left of the elavateing roof is that also an error. And then a better look on the obverse, is that normal for the zero to look like that. This coin is all messed up. Haha

20190202_145128.jpg

Poor Abe doesn't even have an ear left.  Just a hole, like a Bearded Dragon.  HEY, maybe you could list this coin on Etsy as a new variety! Maybe call it the "lizard man" error, and list it for $25,000.

:nyah:

Edited by Just Bob
Forgot the smiley.

3 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

Poor Abe doesn't even have an ear left.  Just a hole, like a Bearded Dragon.  HEY, maybe you could list this coin on Etsy as a new variety! Maybe call it the "lizard man" error, and list it for $25,000.

Ha Ha!! I Love it!  And I LOVE bearded dragons and their cute little faces and their little ear holes!  Fun fact: birds have the same kinds of ear holes but they're covered in feathers in most species, so it could be the "bird man" error too!

4 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

Hope your serious, is that a good start. Haha don't know much about that site, but I could give it a try.

12 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

Not even a little bit.

That's messed up , you guy's had me going. I'll get you guy's back. Lizard man, bird man lol. That's funny!😂

But seriously, do to the errors of this coin you think it might have value. And if it does, this is where I gotta figure out how to put it out there. And know the best way to find the right resources. 

In all honesty, I don't think the coin is worth very much in its condition. It has a good amount of wear, and, more importantly, damage. The "missing ear," the weird shape of the "0," the gouges on the neck,  behind the head,  and elsewhere - all of these are the result of contact, and all will lower the price of the coin. If it were a high grade uncirculated example, the combination of the die crack and extreme loss of detail from resurfacing would very likely interest a few variety/error/oddity collectors, but, in its condition, I would be surprised if someone was willing to pay more than a dollar for it. 

3 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

In all honesty, I don't think the coin is worth very much in its condition. It has a good amount of wear, and, more importantly, damage. The "missing ear," the weird shape of the "0," the gouges on the neck,  behind the head,  and elsewhere - all of these are the result of contact, and all will lower the price of the coin. If it were a high grade uncirculated example, the combination of the die crack and extreme loss of detail from resurfacing would very likely interest a few variety/error/oddity collectors, but, in its condition, I would be surprised if someone was willing to pay more than a dollar for it. 

Cool, thank you.

Hinkle.....

Though Bob already said he was kidding around, I'd like to reiterate to you and all of the new guys who are just learning about coins in all seriousness that Etsy is the absolute WORST place on this planet to do anything coin related.  Pretty much any coin posted on Etsy is fake or heavily damaged with the seller claiming it to be a rare variety and trying to scam a bunch of money off of someone who falls for their scam.  In addition, it's also full of very bad misinformation on coins.  It's a cesspool, so stay away!

22 minutes ago, Mohawk said:

Hinkle.....

Though Bob already said he was kidding around, I'd like to reiterate to you and all of the new guys who are just learning about coins in all seriousness that Etsy is the absolute WORST place on this planet to do anything coin related.  Pretty much any coin posted on Etsy is fake or heavily damaged with the seller claiming it to be a rare variety and trying to scam a bunch of money off of someone who falls for their scam.  In addition, it's also full of very bad misinformation on coins.  It's a cesspool, so stay away!

That's what was funny because you guy's told that to me before. And I'm being told to stay away from that site. From others. Believe me I take alot of advice and use it.