• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

grading tiers Max. Coin Value

4 posts in this topic

Regarding the max coin value when choosing grading tiers.  If I choose a tier with $3000 max , but the coin is actually worth $7000 will they give it a lower grade that is worth 3000 only? Or what grade they give is completely independent of what tier I choose?

What they grade is independent, like rick said what you declare determines how much they will insure for when returned.  If the reason you coin is valued so much more than you declared is because it turns out to be an ultra high grade or a rare variety there won't be a problem, but if they believe you are deliberately sending coins in in a lower tier than you should be there may be repercussions.

On 11/21/2018 at 9:34 PM, coinpurse said:

Regarding the max coin value when choosing grading tiers.  If I choose a tier with $3000 max , but the coin is actually worth $7000 will they give it a lower grade that is worth 3000 only? Or what grade they give is completely independent of what tier I choose?