• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What does everyone do with old auction catalogs?

11 posts in this topic

?????????????????RECYCLE?????????????????

This packrat saves enough, already! I'd have to build a bigger house if I took on more.

Chris

What does everyone do with old auction catalogs?

Well I would think they would send them to a certain YN who spends a lot of time here who's handle begins a m and ends with 13.Of course they would send them free of charge but maybe I am I mean this certain person is dreaming 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If it's a great collection, I keep them. If it is just the usual collection of stuff, I dump them in the recycle bin.

I keep them. Not all of them - just the big ones ANA, FUN, big name collections, etc.... They are an integral part of my numismatic library. They have occassionally come in handy when trying to pedigree potential purchases (or confirm a suspicion that I am being offered a recent crack out) Additionally, its interesting to see the changing times / standards. If I pick up an auction catalogue from 10 years ago and compare it to one I just got in the mail its amazing to see how many more coins are dipped out today versus the past.

I used to save them until I had to move three times in one year! I had maybe (10) years worth to move, and that was the end of that!

For the last serveral years I have saved them all.

There are some great coins there and I just can't seem to part with them.

The collection is getting pretty large so I may have to change my mind and pick out the better ones to keep.

-------------

etexmike

I soak them in used engine oil and burn them with old cans of Freon behind my house. Environment-Shmironment...they put off such a cool glow and the siamese-twin fish growing in the nearby river mean you only have to catch half as many to make a good meal.

FACT

I save all of mine,but I will agree that they are starting to become a hassle.

Now if a certain YN would be willing to pay shipping,I'm sure I could spare a few. grin.gif