• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1804 Liberty Coin Help

16 posts in this topic

If it is real, he wants you to pay him in excess of $1 million for it, unless he has serious issues with arithmetic or judgment.

If you are capable of paying that much for a coin, you can absolutely afford to fly a professional numismatist out to verify its authenticity.

If neither of those situations in reality obtains, don't buy this fake.

8 hours ago, JKK said:

If it is real, he wants you to pay him in excess of $1 million for it, unless he has serious issues with arithmetic or judgment.

If you are capable of paying that much for a coin, you can absolutely afford to fly a professional numismatist out to verify its authenticity.

If neither of those situations in reality obtains, don't buy this fake.

Yes, i also doubt it's not real. Cuz he's asking for very low price like 50,000 USD for it. And when i search the internet, the price of the real coin is really amazing.

Thank you so much for your reply. I wont buy it. 

4 hours ago, Just Bob said:

You rob from the rich and give to the poor? :nyah:

In a sense. I like to help prevent people from getting jacked.

50 minutes ago, JKK said:

In a sense. I like to help prevent people from getting jacked.

Yea, just told him that i won't be buying cuz it's weird .. the price just went off 70% .. 

Thank a million guys :)

7 hours ago, tin9122 said:

Yea, just told him that i won't be buying cuz it's weird .. the price just went off 70% .. 

Thank a million guys :)

Seriously, not sure what anyone else here would do, but let's imagine I found one out in a field, somewhere not private property or otherwise where it belongs to another person. Let's suppose it looked real. First thing I'd do is take it to a bank safe deposit box. Then I'd take a real good look at a lot of pictures of real ones, print some out. I'd go to the bank vault and start comparing; I'd also bring a magnet and try that, just to touch that base. If after all that I still thought there were a remote chance it was genuine, I'd have a couple of trusted minds from my coin club look it over. At the vault. If it still passed the muster, I'd figure out the best way to get it to a grading service. It is possible that its value would make it very expensive to grade, so I'm sure I couldn't afford to keep it.

If after all that it was the real deal, I'd put it on the auction block, replenish my savings from the grading costs, pay the Federal taxes, and retire.

14 hours ago, JKK said:

Seriously, not sure what anyone else here would do, but let's imagine I found one out in a field,

14 hours ago, JKK said:

If it still passed the muster, I'd figure out the best way to get it to a grading service. It is possible that its value would make it very expensive to grade, so I'm sure I couldn't afford to keep it.

I think if you found the 16th genuine 1804 dollar the TPG would pay YOU for the honor of slabbing it.