• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Slab making sound

2 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I hope someone can help me with this as I have never experienced this before. I recently acquired a Pakistan 1977 1000 Rupees Gold coin, which is graded by NGC. The thing which is making me un easy is that when I shake the slab I can hear an obvious sound like white plastic is not fixed and is moving. Has anyone experienced this before? Is this a sign that slab was either opened or it  is a counterfeit? any help will be highly appreciated

Thanks

20 hours ago, omer30 said:

Hello all,

I hope someone can help me with this as I have never experienced this before. I recently acquired a Pakistan 1977 1000 Rupees Gold coin, which is graded by NGC. The thing which is making me un easy is that when I shake the slab I can hear an obvious sound like white plastic is not fixed and is moving. Has anyone experienced this before? Is this a sign that slab was either opened or it  is a counterfeit? any help will be highly appreciated

Thanks

Possibly a tampered case check the NGC serial number! Cross reference it! Case coin and or both could be counterfeit! Other possibilities a defective or damaged case possibly debris as well! You can also resubmit your coin for regrading, authentication, or reslabbing! Possibly for a reduced fee if the case is NGC defective and their doing with an untampered case! I am unsure as the coin is in your hand! I hope this helps! Sincerely, Capone1929