• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Salzberg Offers Insight into CAG's Vision and Background

3 posts in this topic

I see this new service from two aspects.

First, the potential market. 

I only collect Union Castle maritime memorabilia but from what I know, there is definitely demand for certain segments (one prior forum contributor collects space memorabilia to my recollection) and independently documenting the pedigree is certainly of value to those who do.

Second, there is the current future price prospects. 

Heritage only lists about one dozen items on the website as I write this post but I presume there will be many more, probably at least hundreds.  Of those listed and described in NGC's commentary, the one I see as easily the most significant is the letter from President Nixon.  It's representative of actual history, unlike the weak association of the other objects, such as the flags.  Those who want it apparently consider an object being sent on a flight is a big deal even though by now, thousands of items if not far more exist which have been to outer space.

Longer term, I'd expect the objects with the most direct link to the space program and Armstrong's missions to maintain the most interest.  The items which are collected which were taken into space just to send it there, not remotely equivalently.