• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not a good time to sell gold

34 posts in this topic

$500 for $10 pre-33 gold is a great deal, if you can find it without having to pay state sales tax (I couldn't).  But I did buy some gold Sovereigns from a major retailer today for under $300 each (and no state sales tax).  A great deal, not really, but I would  consider it a good deal especially since the buy-back price iss just $10 off the sell price.

2 hours ago, JIM F. said:

$500 for $10 pre-33 gold is a great deal, if you can find it without having to pay state sales tax (I couldn't).  But I did buy some gold Sovereigns from a major retailer today for under $300 each (and no state sales tax).  A great deal, not really, but I would  consider it a good deal especially since the buy-back price iss just $10 off the sell price.

$500 for the $10’s certainly would be a great deal. However, the poster wrote $500 hammer, which would equate to $600 being paid by the winning bidder(s).

4 hours ago, JIM F. said:

Pick up anything interesting sovereign-wise?

21 minutes ago, Zebo said:

Pick up anything interesting sovereign-wise?

"Dates of our choice".  Won't have in hand for a couple weeks, but order is confirmed and locked in.  I've pretty much stopped buying from HA, since these days I don't like to drop over $1500 in a single transaction and hence get hit with state sales tax, so I mostly buy out of state.