• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2017s proof silver eagle

13 posts in this topic

I hope this topic has not been beaten to death, but on the chance it hasn't what is the mood regarding current pricing....ebay has the limited edition set around $145 and congratulations coin at $100 or so.  Appreciate thoughts. Thanks. 

My thoughts are they keep coming out with soo many different Eagles now that its hard to collect these and be able to obtain every one. I've decided to keep to my standard  W Proof, W Uncirc and P bullion for my dansco. The prices of these are getting to ridiculous for me to try to get them all. 

1 hour ago, George A said:

What is the final total mintage for this coin.  I have seen two or three different figures.  Thanks....

I believe it was 75k for the congratulations set and 75k for the limited edition set.  

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:08 AM, bsshog40 said:

My thoughts are they keep coming out with soo many different Eagles now that its hard to collect these and be able to obtain every one. I've decided to keep to my standard  W Proof, W Uncirc and P bullion for my dansco. The prices of these are getting to ridiculous for me to try to get them all. 

I don't collect this series but I share the same sentiments.

I believe that most of the premiums from the OGP and TPG labels will either shrink or disappear entirely longer term.  If the buyer doesn't care, it won't matter.  Somehow though, I think they will.

Am I seeing this correctly? Someone paid over $600 for three  of these coins, and someone paid over $400 for just two of them? I understand that the PCGS and NGC populations were low at the time of the auction, but surely this person (or these people) had to realize that there would be more 70s coming.

Here is a link to the page from whence cometh (cameth?) the screenshot.   LINK

image.png.265f7d7cb9d4c52018f7a989fec96962.png

It's like fast food, people want stuff right now, or yesterday if possible.  They want something else next week, or next month.  Some don't care about the price or use coupons.  Just my opinion.

4 hours ago, Morpheus1967 said:

I believe it was 75k for the congratulations set and 75k for the limited edition set.  

I thought it was 50 K and 75K for a total of 125K.

1 hour ago, Conder101 said:

I thought it was 50 K and 75K for a total of 125K.

Thanks for the answers.  125,000 is the number that I have.  Should make a nice addition to my Burnished Silver Eagle collection.  I collect only the W Proof and W burnished versions.  I ignore the ridiculous array of labels that attract many buyers.

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 3:35 PM, Just Bob said:

Am I seeing this correctly? Someone paid over $600 for three  of these coins, and someone paid over $400 for just two of them? I understand that the PCGS and NGC populations were low at the time of the auction, but surely this person (or these people) had to realize that there would be more 70s coming.

Here is a link to the page from whence cometh (cameth?) the screenshot.   LINK

image.png.265f7d7cb9d4c52018f7a989fec96962.png

Looks like they paid those prices for just one coin. And don't forget there are many if not most of these coins that would grade 70; it just may depend on grader and verifiers' mood that day.