• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Easy way to post an image on your thread.

5 posts in this topic

Perhaps some may have already discovered this? Usually, I would post an attachment on the test thread, copy & paste the web address of the attachment and then click image and paste the address before finalizing my post.

I found that it is easier by:

1)Post as usual.

2)Check the following box: I want to preview my post and/or attach a file

and click continue .

3)Now, view your post and copy the web address of your attachment.

4)Edit your post and paste this address in the space provided once image is clicked.

5)Unclick the box which shows your post as edited. Submit post.

Cool, eh? This way an image may be viewed by the board members without having to open an attachment and it is lots easier than the former way.

Hey Victor!

I basically do the same thing cept I only view my test attachment to get the string after the // that identifies my image. And instead of using the image link, I just start typing-> a> and the identifier string from my attachment ending with .jpg.

In fact, I've always wanted to ask Arch if instead of leaving the "Image" box empty when clicked, it would sure be nice if this string was already started for you like,

http://boards.collectors-society.com/attachments//.......... when you click Image.

Hey Arch! You reading this??? thumbsup2.gif

I do the same with bold, italics, underline, quote, etc. Easier then using the "Instant UBB Code".