• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Krause

4 posts in this topic

Would someone be so kind to look up the Krause mintage figure, and better yet add a photo of the page, for a 1984 Isle of Man 1/2 Sovereign (four crown) for both BU and Proof. I believe the proof lists 20 minted, but I am not sure about the BU version.

Thanks

Thank you very much - there was a 20 issue limit for the proof and a 40,000 issue limit for the BU version. If Krause is correct - there must have been very low interest in the issue or the mint either decided or mistakenly only produced 20 in BU. I've been corresponding with the mint, and they seem confused (to be nice).

Yeah, 20 business doesn't really make sense. If that's all anyone wanted, I don't see where it would be worth setting up to mint them. You've probably seen enough of Krause to have a skepticism level similar to mine. (What I don't understand is why errors are perpetuated from edition to edition. Then again, I'm an editor by trade.)