• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help With 1921-D Morgan VAM

1 post in this topic

I've spent the past few days going through my old accumulation of Morgans to see if I had any interesting varieties. This is the first time that I have tried to attribute Morgans and it has been quite the experience. I've found a few mildly interesting coins, but probably the most interesting is a 1921-D that appears to be a VAM-1J.

I've posted some digital scope images of some of the relevant areas and was hoping some of the VAM collectors out there could take a look and let me know if they agree with my assessment that this is a VM-1J. I'm guessing that this is a middle to late date state. Would that be correct and is the die state advanced enough that the coin would command a premium? Since I don't currently collect Morgans, I will probably just sell. Would if make sense to have the coin graded and/or attributed or should I assume that any VAM collector will be able to easily confirm?

Unfortunately, the coin has spent some time in the wild so it is probably a lower AU-ish coin. I gave it an acetone bath this week to clean off some of the dirt and grime, but otherwise I don't think it has been messed with (I've had the coin for a very long time). I'm working on trying to get images of the full coin, but am trying to find the right device to take some accurate looking pics.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Image19.jpg

Image25.jpg

Image24.jpg

Image20.jpg

Image28.jpg

Image22.jpg