• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage auctions question

8 posts in this topic

Hello, I was browsing Heritage's website today on preparation for the NY World Coins Auction, January 2018 and it looks as if they have removed PayPal and credit cards as methods of payment... Anyone knows? Last I bought from them they accepted both but looks like this is not an option anymore.

Thank you @Zebo. Looking into their most recent catalog, all references to PayPal were removed, that is why I asked. While the ability to use PayPal is limited due to the ridiculously low limit set at 2500, it is very useful due to the 6 mo with no interest, and not having it as a form of payment I am sure will hurt small collectors like myself. I hope you are right and is only a "typo"...

10 hours ago, physics-fan3.14 said:

I am irked by the $2500 limit on these payments..... sometimes an auction comes up and I want to buy something, but the cash won't be there until the next paycheck..... makes it awkward. 

Yes, I agree. That limit is ridiculous particularly now that they charge 20%. Sure PayPal charges fees, but likely is around 3%...