• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it worth it?

3 posts in this topic

I came across this 1845 re-punched date Seated Liberty Half Dime for $239.99. I looked at Ebay's sold items but could not find one like this. Sorry I couldn't provide the pictures and only this link. The coin has some light scratches on the Obverse and in the field of the Revers. I'm really considering purchasing this coin. Could it be MS63 or better? I could really use the help on this one. Thanks everyone.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/362106920054

It is the strongest RPD for the year but in my opinion the over lit washed out images make it impossible to tell if the coin is AU or MS, or whether or not it has been cleaned.  The only way to evaluate this coin would be in hand.

41 minutes ago, Conder101 said:

It is the strongest RPD for the year but in my opinion the over lit washed out images make it impossible to tell if the coin is AU or MS, or whether or not it has been cleaned.  The only way to evaluate this coin would be in hand.

The fact that it could be cleaned is what's holding me back. I'll ask the seller if he offers returns that way I can be sure.