• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PCGS old holder and cac doesn't crossover
1 1

38 posts in this topic

On 10/12/2017 at 7:28 AM, BillJones said:

....It is in a PCGS MS-63, green CAC holder.....

The coin technically is not a Mint State piece.

As for grading services, including CAC, the comment about "opinions" applies. Not all opinions are correct, and sometimes politics gets involved with the grade. No grading service is "infallible" or "perfect" regardless of what you have read or heard from collectors and dealers.

Read in stages -- I do not fault fellow member @BillJones one bit -- I see inconsistencies and contradictions. Lawyers face a litany of sanctions each more serious than the last. Then disbarment looms. Federal justices and even the President can be impeached.  What happens to the wielder of undeserved, invalid grades. They are elevated; when's the last time one was fired outright? @RWB is looking better and better questioning validity, insisting on empirical standards and wielding the irrefutable truth.

To the OP:  No one can appreciate the significance of that single grade point besides you and those who have experienced the same, or similar, situation.

Edited by Quintus Arrius
Die polishing: additional wordsmithing.

Question: Why didn't you just send the coin to PCGS for a re-holdering?

All the holder issues would be gone then, and the grade would be protected. (except for the CAC bean) Not sure how they handle a reholdering.

Edited by MorganMan

[Note:  This thread was begun by the OP in Oct. 2017.  Any issues then, have long since been resolved.  As a matter of curiosity, enquiring minds who've weighed in -- and those lurking about -- should like to be apprised of the final results.

SPECIAL NOTE TO THOSE ANNOYED OR EXASPPERATED BY REVIVED THREADS... my role was passive: to aid and abet or otherwise act in concert with others.] 

Rooster 🐓 

Edited by Quintus Arrius
Die polishing

On 12/24/2021 at 8:16 AM, Quintus Arrius said:

[Note:  This thread was begun by the OP in Oct. 2017.  Any issues then, have long since been resolved.  As a matter of curiosity, enquiring minds who've weighed in -- and those lurking about -- should like to be apprised of the final results.

SPECIAL NOTE TO THOSE ANNOYED OR EXASPPERATED BY REVIVED THREADS... my role was passive: to assist and abet or otherwise act in concert with others.] 

Rooster 🐓 

There is so little new content on this forum that I for one welcome resurrected threads. Keeps things interesting. :bump:

On 12/24/2021 at 2:29 PM, CSdot said:

There is so little new content on this forum that I for one welcome resurrected threads. Keeps things interesting. :bump:

...only if n when something new n relevant is added,resurrection simply for resurrection's sake accomplishes nor adds nothing of value...

On 12/25/2021 at 5:10 AM, zadok said:

...only if n when something new n relevant is added,resurrection simply for resurrection's sake accomplishes nor adds nothing of value...

My standard response to any member who, in lieu of politely suggesting, issues forth a Direct Order, speaking as though my replies, general comments and asides are directed, personally, at him is;

STILL HERE!

STILL STANDING!

STILL STRONG!

I read all replies, but yield to Moderators and their chaperones. Further, if you do not speak for the NGC congregation, I advise you to report your grievance, particularly violations of Guideline policy, to the authorities... and to echo the late, great Gov. Ross Barnett (MS) do so politlely. 

On 12/23/2021 at 11:40 PM, MorganMan said:

Question: Why didn't you just send the coin to PCGS for a re-holdering?

All the holder issues would be gone then, and the grade would be protected. (except for the CAC bean) Not sure how they handle a reholdering.

CAC will re-sticker if the coin number is the same. Even had one done at N/C but now I think now they have a net charge for those re-stickered.