• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GSA Morgan Worth a shot at an upgrade?

8 posts in this topic

Hello all, 

Looking for education and advice... 1884cc GSA Morgan PL vs DPL.  I bought it graded 64PL and wonder if its worth sending in for possible regrade.

Any words of wisdom to share would be great, I've read on the depths of the mirrors, contrast and clarity.  Just wanting real world views versus "book rules".

Not sure my photos will capture as well as I'd like. 

Thanks in advance.

FullSizeRender - Copy (1).jpg

FullSizeRender - Copy (3).jpg

FullSizeRender - Copy (5).jpg

FullSizeRender - Copy.jpg

It's impossible to tell from those pictures. The mirrors look strong in your pictures, but NGC has been getting stricter recently. It is impossible to give you good advice based on just those pictures. 

I don't see enough contrast in your last photo to rate a deep mirror proof-like. The application of that designation can be inconsistent at times, and getting the ultimate P-L is really hard. I think that you coin is a near miss.

Yea it's August but I'm gonna post anyway...

This is where the adage "The reverse can hurt the grade but it definitely won't get the grade... That reverse is DMPL or UCAM IMO but the obverse is killing it... That little bit of haze ...

It's a GREAT coin though.