• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Singapore shining eagle dollars silver coin brilliant shade

9 posts in this topic

I really don't know anything about this coin (and I'm guessing not many people do). So, I'm finding it hard to comment. I don't know how the strike or luster should look, and your just-slightly-out-of-focus pictures make it difficult to grade accurately. On top of that, the world forum is the most desolate sub-forum of a sparsely attended website. I do hope someone will come along with the knowledge to adequately help, but I wouldn't count on it. 

From what I can see, I'd probably guess a strong 65. The discoloration detracts from the eye appeal, and there are some marks on the obverse that limit the grade. The luster appears good, but I don't know how it compares to others of its issue. 

Honestly, if you want more discussion or participation, I would direct you to Cointalk.com

The foreign section there still isn't the most active, but it is *significantly* more well-populated than this ghost town. 

It's hard to tell for certain. Unfortunately your photo resolution isn't high enough to get a good view of the coin. It looks like it is one of the business strikes so it is relatively common. Just judging by what I can make out I wouldn't put any higher than 65.