• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

300 Daniel Carr coins stolen in residential burglary

11 posts in this topic

A friend of mine recently suffered a residential burglary and about 300 pieces from his "Daniel Carr" collection were stolen. This occurred in Northern Colorado. There is a suspect, but he has not been seen since the time of the theft. If I can get a list of the stolen items, I will post it here. Please be on the lookout for suspicious activity involving the sale of a large collection of Daniel Carr, Moonlight Mint, and/or modern Clark Gruber items.

No report is showing up on NCIC, or Coin Community.com crime thread, nor can I find any filed Colorado LE Incident Reports for the described items. If someone is seriously interested in recovering the stolen items, the resources available to help don't seem to be being utilized. These resources can be of significant assistance. There are other resources also.

I have been informed that one of the stolen coins has already turned up on eBay. I have examined the pictures from the original owner and compared them to the eBay listing. I have no doubt they are the same coin (a medal, actually).

It was being offered by the owner of a coin shop. I believe that owner to be reputable. They have been contacted and the eBay listing was cancelled. There are some questions remaining, however.

I don't have additional details at this point. I do not yet know the status of the other coins. I assume more information will come in time and I will post any such updates here.

PS:

A list of the stolen items has been supplied to Doug at NCIC.

A few more coins have been located. It appears that the thieves sold stolen items at more than one shop along the Colorado "Front Range". There is video from at least one location. As per local regulations, at one location the seller was required by the shop to present their ID and the information was recorded.

A few more coins have been located. It appears that the thieves sold stolen items at more than one shop along the Colorado "Front Range". There is video from at least one location. As per local regulations, at one location the seller was required by the shop to present their ID and the information was recorded.

I hope this means that a quick resolution will avail itself, increasing the odds of recovery.