• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are they afraid of? by Electric Peak Collection

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Deleteing posts

The NGC Registry gods are deleteing posts about the decision not to allow PCGS coins in the US sets. Why? There hasn't been anything offensive or off-topic in the two I saw.

See more journals by Electric Peak Collection

The referenced journal entry posted earlier today entitled "The Conundrum- no more PCGS" still exists in the Chat Boards, but is no longer listed as a Journal on the Registry page.

It does seem a bit odd that it's gone, but it could have been removed by the original poster.

There is also a more extensive thread covering this topic on the chat boards: " NGC graded coins ONLY in Registry Sets (US and World) "

Peak,

Sorry bud --- I deleted my post almost as soon as I made it.

I then went into my Keepers page and purged all the PCGS coins and moved them to my Six Mile Rick page for sales. I have e-bay sellers that grab sets when selling gets good so I wanted to get them listed soon. :)

Rick

Rick, depending on your objective you might be jumping the gun a bit as from what I understand, PCGS coins currently in registry sets stay in registry sets. NGC wont accept PCGS going forward but keep ones already there.

I added this to the Journal entry after reading Rick's response:

Added later: Apologies to the registry gods. One of the two posters says he deleted his post himself. So the other may have as well. I do know that the admins do occasionally delete posts though. My very first journal contained some material critical of NGC and it was deleted, probably appropriately so.