• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Constipation on the PCGS forums.

25 posts in this topic

Every other post is a complaint about the PCGS turnaround times. My goodness, don't these folks know "who cares". Then, every third post is about "guess my grade", and every fourth post is "got grades back, ugh". It really seems that these folks love the pain. foreheadslap.gif

TRUTH

Truth:

You forgot the wannabe posts. But, all in all, I still find the PCGS boards fun and (sometimes) enlightening. Of course, I also find these boards enlightening and (sometimes) fun. smile.gif

Mark

Agreed. By the way, care to guess the grade on my bust half I recently bought? wink.gifgrin.gif

Depends on who graded it.I have been hiting the PCGS Kool-Aid hard tonight so let me try and guess.IS it certified?If not you MUST send it to PCGS.They are the supreme ruler.Then you have to post a thread complaining about wait time.Then a thread about the grade being wrong IYHO even though the great PCGS has ruled.

If it is ceretified it better be PCGS.If not it should be discounted by 90% because all other services are junk next to PCGS.If they mislabel the coin you are crazy.PCGS makes no mistakes.So if you disagree you are wrong.

Remember PCGS is the supreme service.Plus they have David Hall who is the best person ever.I want to have his child even though I am male.I would die for him because he is the way.He is the meesia and all the other people are the antichrist.All hail.gif David Hall all hail.gif David Hall.Are you hail.gif yet?

Remember pay at least $99.00 for membership to send to PCGS it is a bargain.Did I mention that PCGS makes no mistakes?So Norweb never happened.I haven't heard of it so why I am making something up that ight hurt the all powerfull PCGS hail.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Again all hail.gif David Hall he will die on the cross for a good grading service.He is cool just look at peoples post about him.One time he bought back a coin that the owner said was going lower ingrade even though all PCGS coins stay the same grade.

ALL

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

PCGS.If you need me I will be looking at all the other posts.Can you believe that economy is up to 70 days 893scratchchin-thumb.gifThis is OK because it is PCGS they do no wrong hail.gifPlus when I see the posts about them tightening up I do some hail Davids.For this is a vicious lie.PCGS is perfect how else can it be you have to wait 70 days just to have your coins in the all impotant PCGS plastic that is perfect.All hail.gif PCGS.

remember PCGS is great all other services tremble beneath the glory of the all mighty PCGS.All hail.gif PCGS.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Guess this is the wrong time to post a thread to guess the grade of the coin they horribly undergraded that I just got back after 4 months! wink.gif

I don't believe they undergraded the coin. Remember what David Hall said, "Ownership adds a point to the grade". I believe this. After all, look at all the PF70s David Hall Rare Coins sells when everyone else can only manage PF69s.

Perhaps I misunderstood what he was saying? confused-smiley-013.gif

hail.gifPCGS

Well, to offer a counterpoint, it's amazing how many threads here over the years are simply talking about what is happening across the street.

Well, to offer a counterpoint, it's amazing how many threads here over the years are simply talking about what is happening across the street.

That's it! I've had it!

"FOR SALE BY OWNER"

"Vacant" property across the street.

Immediate occupancy available after 120 day waiting period.

Only serious offers will be considered.

NO RESERVE!!

As is!

Real Cheap!

Contact.............Greg

oh and every other thread is about e bay

or buying something for a few dollars getting it into a pcgs holder and selling it for hundreds of not more

yet if the coin was broken out of its holder it is back to being worth a few dollars

oh yes and it is okie to do as it is legal and all is fair in love and war

i guess there have been excuses throughout the ages

oh i was only following orders (submission procedures) and there is demand for it

well if there is demand for it then what will the seller who bought it for three bucks maybe a little more or less and gets it certified then sells it for hundreds to thousands when there are hundreds or more of other raw coins almost just as nice for a few dollars

what will this seller buy the coins back at? out of the holder for ??? i would say the raw coin is at least worth 50% of what the seller sold it for if the coin is out of the holder right?? if it is such a good coin

insane.gif

Who was that masked man a couple weeks ago that never was going to submit again to NGC because PCGS was sooooo... much faster in turnaround time?

Who was that masked man a couple weeks ago that never was going to submit again to NGC because PCGS was sooooo... much faster in turnaround time?

I believe he works as a janitor for the Al-Qaida Opera Company.

Chris

You are right, but I don't think it's been overwhelming or all consuming at least since I've been here.

Jerry

are right, but I don't think it's been overwhelming or all consuming at least since I've been here.

No...he isn't right. There are no where near as many posts about "across the street" as he implies. Practically none for that matter. This board is slow but at least the percentage of good content is VERY high.

jom

I also post on the PCGS forums.

1500 posts in 3 1/2 years so I am not addicted to it.

I'm still pretty new here but am getting my feet a little wetter all the time.

I don't feel the need to reply to every thread that is posted at PCGS. Nor here either for that matter. I do just read many many more than I post a response.

I don't mind the "got grades". It is interesting to see what other people are submitting and how they made out on grades. Those I will always read.

The ones that start out "guess the grade" I will pass over every time. This may interest lots of folks, I'm just not one of them.

Both boards have their place and I enjoy visiting on both.

-------------

etexmike

I don't mind the "got grades". It is interesting to see what other people are submitting and how they made out on grades. Those I will always read.

The big problem with those threads is that it give no education value at all. There are hardly ever any pictures or solid commentary. They can be interesting, but 90% of them are for so-so coins that shouldn't have been submitted in the first place.

I also notice quite a few of those threads where people are congratulating others on the great grades they received and I honestly don't know why people don't come right out and say that they shouldn't have submitted the coins in the first place. Lots of people getting PF67s & PF68s on moderns that are going to sell for less than slabbing fees. Even true for many PF69s. They're doing a disservice to other forum members.

PF67s & PF68s on moderns that are going to sell for less than slabbing fees. Even true for many PF69s.

Greg, I have to agree with you to an extent. However, the key words of your statement, "that are going to sell for" is the crux of the matter. Is it wrong for someone to collect for the sheer pleasure without regard for profit or loss? Is it wrong for someone to have a coin graded whether it is PF65 or PF70 if their whole purpose is to preserve the current state of the coin for years, even decades, to come? Let them have their moment in the limelight. Let them feel proud of their accomplishment. It may not matter to some people, but it does to them.

Chris

Is it wrong for someone to have a coin graded whether it is PF65 or PF70 if their whole purpose is to preserve the current state of the coin for years, even decades, to come?

But why would anyone want to spend $25 or more to have a coin slabbed just to protect it? Can't you get a coin-tain for a buck or two?

jom

Is it wrong for someone to have a coin graded whether it is PF65 or PF70 if their whole purpose is to preserve the current state of the coin for years, even decades, to come?

But why would anyone want to spend $25 or more to have a coin slabbed just to protect it? Can't you get a coin-tain for a buck or two?

jom

Why do some people drive a Ferrari when a Ford will suffice? If everyone had the same tastes, the world would be pretty dull. My favorite color is blue and I like chocolate ice cream, so let's get rid of everything else!

Chris

are right, but I don't think it's been overwhelming or all consuming at least since I've been here.

No...he isn't right. There are no where near as many posts about "across the street" as he implies. Practically none for that matter. This board is slow but at least the percentage of good content is VERY high.

jom

I think the "ATS" posts aren't numerous, rather they are longer than most other threads.

jom

That reminds me...

I remember one post from ATS that basically said, that if someone simply wants their coins protected in slab plastic w/o a care about their grading, use SEGS as they are considered the must durable slab on the market and they are a cheaper service.

I've never cracked out a SEGS holder but I've heard you need C4 to do it. laugh.gif

Re: Constipation on the PCGS forums.

i will provide as many brownies laced with exlax cloud9.gifas necessary cloud9.gifand unpasturized yay.gifgoat yay.gif milk and provide port-o-potties

flowerred.giffor flowerred.gifall flowerred.gif