• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why is there an Ask NCS forum on this site?

9 posts in this topic

They (NGC) do look at it and answer questions about NGC's services, etc.

It doesn't get a lot of traffic, but it's another customer service channel.

I'm not talking NGC. I'm talking NCS but neither look at new threads.

This is what you get when you post a topic to the NCS forum.

"This forum is fully moderated so your post will not show up until an Administrator or Moderator reviews and approves it. In a moment you will be automatically returned to the forum."

I had questions but I give up. I'll find a different service.

Larry, when you post in the Ask NGC or Ask NCS forum, the message goes directly to an NGC employee. They review it and determine an answer - and the thread doesn't actually appear on the forum until they respond. Sometimes it takes a few days, sometimes it takes a couple of weeks. I'm sure that someone has, or will, review your question and determine an answer.

If you want more explanation, or want to know if someone is looking at it, I suggest you PM Dena. She's awesome, and will take care of you!

It could be that most of the NCS posts aren't suitable for a general purpose forum... "Can you remove a fingerprint from my coin" is so dependent on the specifics, that the only answer is a non-helpful "Maybe, it depends on many factors"

If you want more explanation, or want to know if someone is looking at it, I suggest you PM Dena. She's awesome, and will take care of you!

Or if you are really in a hurry, just call customer service.

Cool. Only took 40 days to get an answer. Sure I could have just called.

I won't panic yet then, my ask NGC question is only 20 days in. Looks like I'm half way there! I find the hey just call them comments annoying. If they have an ask forum they should be able to answer in a timely manner, if not take it down and replace it with a "just call us". I can only imagine how long you would have to wait on hold with a call in. My question isn't that important so I'll just stick out the wait, plus I'm extremely anti social and hate phone interactions.