• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Treasure in Kirkland! Newps from the show today!

12 posts in this topic

Well, I went to the show in Kirkland, WA today, and it was a small show, perhaps a dozen dealers, but I managed to spend a lot anyway on three coins, a nice 1916-S Saint, and two bust halves, so here they are:

1916sobv.jpg

1916srev.jpg

1831obv.jpg

1831rev.jpg

1807obv.jpg

1807rev.jpg

I love those early bust coins. Too bad I can never figure out if it is a half or dollar from the pictures. (Yes, I did see you said half, but I'm talking in general). smile.gif

Thanks guys! I really like the draped bust half, it is my first ever draped bust coin, so I am very proud! As for the Saint, I already have a nice 65, so I will probably just put this one on eBay. I think it's about an MS-62 or MS-63, so nothing too outrageous. I just can't resist a pretty Saint! He had a 1911-D as well, but it was only AU. It seems every so often I need to buy a raw unc Saint just to see the "E Pluribus Unum!" Here is the Saint outside the plastic holder:

1916s20dobv.jpg

1916s20drev.jpg

I love that 1807! Looks like some great coins there. Sounds like it was a fun day. I'm looking forward to a week or so from now when I get back from Charlotte. I can then show off my newps then.

I like the saint it has a nice frosty look. I know what you mean about having one of these coins raw it is a totally different feeling than holding one in plastic. mike smile.gif

Thanks neil! I really liked that 1807, two other dealers had three other 1807s, but this was by far the nicest, and ironically enough it wasn't the most expensive! Next weekend I should have another one, an 1810 that I saw at the Tacoma show last weekend, but the ATM was broken so I the dealer agreed to hold it for me until next weekend when there is another little show in Tacoma. This one has a really nice ring of green toning on the edges, it may be AT, but it's still a very pretty coin! I'll post pictures when I get it, but I always have trouble picking up the toning in my photos, so we'll see how it turns out.

Some nice purchases, the 1807 half looks great and has a lot of detail. The few draped bust halves that find their way to NW dealers are usually overgraded and overpriced, yours is a rare find, I like it better than the 1806 you posted last week. Glad you passed on that ebay 1831, lots of problem bust halves get dumped there.

I saw that 1810 you described at the Boeing show, I would have bought it had I not already overspent my budget that day! I thought it was the nicest bust half at Hathaway's table, lots of interesting die cracks with good color and luster.

Bill

I'm glad you agree Bill! That was the only one I saw at Tacoma that I wanted, and if the stinkin ATM wasn't out of order I'd already have it! But he agreed to hold it for me until this weekend, so I plan to pick it up then. The 1807 is a nice one, and was certainly priced fairly, not a terrific bargain, but a fair price for that coin.