• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thoughts on Coin Grading - Taking a Chance

32 posts in this topic

"I lasted 4 minutes which is a lot longer then normal according to my wife. I figured I'll just let RWB tell me how to grade. A lot quicker and he has schitck."

Funny! :)

This is the same with Rick Snow's proposed system. Sure it might work when millions are struck for a given year like a common IC, but again, low mintage coins in years with many die marriages, it just won't work.

Best, HT

Were you able to attend his seminar, or do you have a link to where his system is described? I've heard it alluded to, but I haven't actually seen the details of what he proposes.

mark

Charisma of a sponge...hard to pay attention for that LONG.... :blahblah:(shrug)

However, Rick's a very nice guy when I have visited his table...I guess "public speaking" isn't a part of the requirements of a coin dealer. ;)

I lasted 4 minutes which is a lot longer then normal according to my wife. I figured I'll just let RWB tell me how to grade. A lot quicker and he has schitck

mark

I lasted until 3:22, right where he started in on the 1877 IC's - seen that already in the Fly In club journal. He made a point of pointing out that he invented the Photo Seal sticker before CAC came along and 'they followed me'....

Needs some work on speaking but hey, he managed to buy some IC's from me at ANA at strong prices so I think he is a darn good dealer. (thumbs u

Best, HT