• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Super Fast Delivery of Gold SLQ posted by Jackson

9 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Fastest delivery I've ever received of a new mint release.

I thought it was only proper to mention that my gold edition of the 2016 Standing Liberty 100th Anniversary Coin ( not a token) arrived today.

Less than 1 week after placing the order the coin was at the post office today waiting for me. I'm glad that many of you understood my last journal which was part self-deprecating humor ( attempted at least), partly a play by play of the process I went through when ordering on the first day of release, and partly a sharing of the minor frustration I have with dealing with modern technologies.

I am thrilled with the release of this coin. I've always loved all of the "renaissance" coins of the early 20th century- with St Gauden's artistry on the $10 and $20 gold series as my personal favorites.

Although I have all 6 of the 1917 SLQ's in MS and the 1917 T1 in 67FH, I still can see what a true, fully struck SLQ would look like now.

I believe that after the Walking Liberty is released that I'll have all 3 of these 100th anniversary coins placed in a multi-slab. Happy hunting everyone--collect what you love and respect what other's enjoy without disparagement.

17656.jpg

See more journals by Jackson

I have heard that a vendor is planning to offer high quality 3- and 6-coin cases for these. But no details for now.... :(

I had a chance to see one of them in hand last night. They are nicely done and very faithful to the original (Yes the nipple is there but it has been "subdued" so it is not immediately noticeable.) and do seem to come very nicely struck. I did note though that even as well struck as they are the hair waves have no fine detail. They are just waves or "masses".

The "massed hair" was also a characteristic of the Sept 1916 model, of which we have excellent photos. So, this might have been part of McNeil's original casts from May 1916.