• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 Standing liberty gold coin

12 posts in this topic

I hope the limit is low. It's not fair when dealers buy up all the coins in the first 10 or 15 minutes and then force collectors to pay them a profit for the coins. We all pay taxes to the government and should have equal opportunity to buy these coins at the issue price.

Having said that I won't be buying one just as I didn't buy one of the Mercury Dime coins.

Does anyone have an idea of what the issue price of this coin will be?

The gold quarter’s price will be based on the Mint’s pricing schedule, and known the day before its release.

Today, it would be $485 based on gold’s average of between $1,300.00 and $1,349.99 an ounce.

Gold is $1341.38 as I type this.

Oh those are nice. I love the Mercury Dime ones but I missed out on those.

The Mercury dimes are available now for considerably less than they were shortly after they were issued.

I would guess that they won't sell out the first day. Maybe not for a long time. This is based on the

100,000 production size and the cost. With the household limit of one, anyone who wants one should be able to get one the first day.