• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keep the dream alive...

3 posts in this topic

Well, there is a lot going on in our little cyber numismatic world, and the quiet little neighborhood of the NGC forums is starting to liven up a bit. However, I would urge all of us to remember what we like about this forum and pledge to do our best to maintain it. Sure, it can be slow and quiet, but it is also a great place to learn and share about the hobby we love. As new members join us from across the street, let's keep our focus on the hobby, and not on so many other empty topics and flame wars etc. Of those banned on the PCGS forums so far, I enjoy their posts, and they have contributed a lot over here, as they no doubt did across the street, so I welcome them here. I would just hate to see this place degrade to what they have over there. I know it's not nice to say, but I'll say it because many others are probably thinking it, I don't want to see the less savory characters from over there, ruin what we have over here. So far, this forum has enhanced my enjoyment of the hobby, whereas my time on the PCGS forum only dampened my joy. I trust Arch to limit the depths of any negative posts, however we are responsible for the height of our posts. Let's continue to set ever higher standards of the content of our contributions.

I'll step down from the soap box now and free it for anyone else to use. grin.gif