• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do You Consider a Reasonable Amount of Time for a Large Auction Co. to.....

15 posts in this topic

....to ship out paid for auction lots?

As a long time established customer, let's say you win a lot or two in a sale ending on a Sunday evening, receive your electronic invoice very shortly thereafter, and promptly pay your invoice in full with a CC the very next morning. What in your opinion is a fair and reasonable amount of time for your items to be shipped out to you?

a) Within a day or two

b) Three or four days

c) FIve or six days

d) A week or longer

e) Whenever they get around to you, just be patient

There are so many factors at play. If it is an auction house like the old Teletrade (which doesn't move all of its inventory/viewing from show to show), then I would expect much faster shipping, within five business days or sooner. If it is an auction house like Heritage, that has all of its coins for a lot viewing in a remote state, I can see it taking a week or longer. As long as the auction house is legitimate, I receive the coin when I receive it - it doesn't matter to me that much.

Auction Houses that don't have to move inventory should ship within the next day or two.

Others, such as HA, should ship within a week. My 2c

I'm not in the receivables or shipping department, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. And I believe that one or more forms of payment have a hold placed on them for a certain number of days. In such instances, it's highly unlikely that lots will be shipped within a week.

Auction Houses that don't have to move inventory should ship within the next day or two.

Others, such as HA, should ship within a week. My 2c

I'm not in the receivables or shipping department, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. And I believe that one or more forms of payment have a hold placed on them for a certain number of days. In such instances, it's highly unlikely that lots will be shipped within a week.

Thanks, for the info, Mark. ;)

In my experiences, Heritage has shipped for me the next day (that only happened once), in one week and, also, in as long as two weeks.

I've never quite understood their shipping procedures and rules.

I talked to a friendly customer service rep on the phone, once, and she said that, sometimes, they are so overwhelmed that at least one week is standard, regardless of your form of payment or your reputation with the firm.

I am quite certain, as you have pointed out, that individuals unknown to the company who are using checks, which require time to clear, can expect to wait at least two weeks.

Payment by check or MO will always result in some delay simply due to the delay of the mail system in receiving it and some delay while it clears. But the OP specified a credit card payment which should be cleared within minutes at most. So any delay in shipping would be strictly from in house procedures. The question is what is reasonable for a delay cause by those.

My Ha lots pretty much always ships in a week to me, and Priority Mail. I just received my Newman HT token that I won early last week today.

Best, HT

Received the coin I purchased in the Heritage Long Beach Signature Sale today, it was shipped from Texas on Monday. I think that was reasonable since the auction was held in California and the show didn't end until the 11th.

I think that they should ship within a day or two after they receive your check AFTER they have a good track record with you.

I have this level of service and more from Heritage. They have even shipped items to me BEFORE I mailed my check.

Stacks' as been another story After I waited for two weeks to get them to ship items to me from California, (They had auctioned the coins on the East Coast.) I called up to complain.

I have this level of service and more from Heritage. They have even shipped items to me BEFORE I mailed my check.

Same here, I had them ship one before I paid also, didn't even charge me shipping. (I must have bid to much)

Same here, I had them ship one before I paid also, didn't even charge me shipping. (I must have bid to much)

It must have been a mistake. I have never gotten that kind of break on shipping. Sometimes the shipping has been excessive in my opinion, like $25 to $40 for items that were not that valuable. The political items division has been the worst in that regard from my experience.

It must have been a mistake. I have never gotten that kind of break on shipping. Sometimes the shipping has been excessive in my opinion, like $25 to $40 for items that were not that valuable. The political items division has been the worst in that regard from my experience.

Bill,

I thought it was probably a mistake also (but didn't complain).

You are correct about shipping charges. The coin I received this week included a $30.10 shipping charge. It was a $1200 plus $210 buyers premium purchase but I still think $30.10 was a bit much. After all, what does the 17% buyer's premium pay for? Unfortunately they are the only game in town when looking for the harder to find stuff. It came in a flat rate priority mail envelope with delivery confirmation, no signature required. I've complained to them about this in the past and was told I could always request and pay extra for signature confirmation if I thought it was required. Anyway, I'm finished rambling. I am happy with the purchase.