• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RWB spoke at Raleigh Money Expo June 25 - Update

19 posts in this topic

I will be speaking on two subjects at the Raleigh Money Expo in Raleigh, NC on Saturday June 25, 2016. Here's a link to the educational programs at the show.

Raleigh, NC

My subjects are:

1:00pm Educational Seminar:

"2016 Centennial Gold: Observations and Predictions"

Roger W. Burdette

Noted Numismatic Research Consultant and Author

2:00pm Educational Seminar:

"U.S. Mints: Processes, Operations and Technology"

Roger W. Burdette

The second session is more of an open forum Q/A covering US numismatic subjects.

If you are in the area, please stop in and say "Hello" while enjoying the show.

I will be speaking on two subjects at the Raleigh Money Expo in Raleigh, NC on Saturday June 25, 2016. Here's a link to the educational programs at the show.

Raleigh, NC

My subjects are:

1:00pm Educational Seminar:

"2016 Centennial Gold: Observations and Predictions"

Roger W. Burdette

Noted Numismatic Research Consultant and Author

2:00pm Educational Seminar:

"U.S. Mints: Processes, Operations and Technology"

Roger W. Burdette

The second session is more of an open forum Q/A covering US numismatic subjects.

If you are in the area, please stop in and say "Hello" while enjoying the show.

Make sure to put this Post in the Numismatic Events Forum. (thumbs u

Pity you're talking at a dinky regional show. Why not give talks at the bigger shows (ANA, FUN)?

-Brandon

i can not be there either but would attend if i could. that would be a real positive in a lot of ways. best wishes. ps maybe if theres a video somewhere one could post it here. just an idea for now.

Pity you're talking at a dinky regional show. Why not give talks at the bigger shows (ANA, FUN)?

-Brandon

Do you have a small dinky complex? :banana:

I'm sure any complexes I have pale in comparison to yours...is there a point to your reply?

I've made presentations at ANA, small clubs and everything in between. All have been enjoyable to do although there never seems to be enough time to respond to questions.

-Brandon

Do you have a small dinky complex? :banana:

I'm sure any complexes I have pale in comparison to yours...is there a point to your reply?

Actually, there is. ;)

Wish I could be there.

I have to wonder which talk will be better attended. My bet is the first one, though in my opinion the second is the more important one.

The first has a lot of photos of artist's designs, coins and the gold pieces. The second has no pictures or illustrations....but, you might be right. I hope somebody shows up....Maybe I should bring the dog along...?

I spoke at the Raleigh Money Expo on Saturday June 25th. This was a mid-size show sponsored by the Raleigh Coin Club and featured 95 coin dealers and 11 stamp dealers at the NC State Fairgrounds Exhibition building.

Everything about the show was extremely well done. There was a large selection of interesting exhibits enjoyed by a good crowd of collectors and a very active Kids' area with hands-on games and prizes. At one point there were approximately 50 kids having a lot of fun with the games - and testing Mom & Dad's "situational awareness" by the smaller ones occasionally sneaking out of the area boundary.

All of the educational presentations were excellent. I was especially pleased with the warm welcome and outstanding audience for my two little presentations. Here's a snapshot of me in my best Virginia Gentleman duds just before the first session...

VA%20Gentleman%20sm_zps0qxwucos.jpg

...and here's a quick photo of the audience:

Speach%20sm_zpsum3bwwzf.jpg

Next time this show is held, I encourage collectors to attend - I think it will be a rewarding experience.

"You appear to have lost weight." It's the hat -- very flattering.

Well, it's not the ANA or Baltimore, but it was a very nice size show with good attendance. (Lots of material for variety collectors, too.)

Conder101 -

Well, the photo is a bit of an exaggeration.... I didn't see a single straw hat. However, the first presentation on 2016 gold had about 20 persons attending. The second, on a functional examination of the Mint and its operations, had a full house of about 30+ ... I think all the seats were occupied - even the front row.

In the second session, there was a lady who had retired from the FRB of Richmond and a retired US Mint worker - both said they came specifically for the presentation. Those comments were especially rewarding to hear!

Other presentations had 4-5 people in attendance (counting me). They were all interesting and very well done. Maybe mine were just "different" stuff...?

The audience size was comparable to that at ANA Educational Programs. Very pleased with the turnout - certainly worth the 550 mile drive.