• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

holed coins

7 posts in this topic

If it were an otherwise nice coin and the price were low enough I certainly would.

As an example, I use what had been a gorgeous AU58 Trade dollar, except for the hole at 12:00, on my keychain and the coin is now worn down to a VF35. I also have a counterfeit colonial on another keychain. They make nice conversation pieces.

Below is an example of a piece that I bought when someone came to my table at a show and took out the coins he bought. I admired this piece and he said he paid too much for it and wished he hadn't bought it. I asked him how much he paid and he told me $18. foreheadslap.gif Immediately, I offered $20 and he sold it to me. It's a fantastic, original AU 1807 8R with no corrosion, rim nicks, scratches or gouges and one that has never been dipped. The coin has an original patina of dark chestnut accented with navy blue and mossy green and red toward the rims. Okay, so it has a massive hole in the portrait. I believe that for $20 this was a terrific buy. grin.gif

772012-CopyofMexico1807EightRa.jpg

772012-CopyofMexico1807EightRa.jpg.6d37fcee5853ff1a5c7a4ee92f4e62a5.jpg