• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do You See a CAC Gold Sticker in This Coins Future? -better pic-

13 posts in this topic

In person, this one actually compares favorably with many common date dollars in NGC 65 holders IMO.

287703-1_zpsvhrolhni.jpg

IMG_20160505_160905132_zpssuh2wjy2.jpg

IMG_20160505_160843890_zps6zm0o5x8.jpg

If you're a collector with a CAC account, it's absolutely wort a shot. Even if only green beaned, the coin is worth at least a hundred bucks. If you have to have a Dealer submit it for you at their cost, then maybe find a better way.

I think the average is less than one in a hundred get the gold. They are very tight dishing them out.

If you're a collector with a CAC account, it's absolutely wort a shot. Even if only green beaned, the coin is worth at least a hundred bucks. If you have to have a Dealer submit it for you at their cost, then maybe find a better way.

I think the average is less than one in a hundred get the gold. They are very tight dishing them out.

If the coin is worth "at least a hundred bucks" even if it only receives a green sticker, then it's worth that without the sticker. In other words, a green sticker on that coin in a 64 holder probably adds nothing to its value.

It looks like a great coin but there must be a reason why three graders and a finalizer thought of it as a 64 at the time. Run of the mill 64 coins with that mm are only worth about $60; the toning and eye appeal add a lot. Do your research to see what coins like that with gold stickers sell for.

The coin looks under-graded to me but given it's value; I don't find it worth the effort for re-grade or CAC.

Leave it alone in that fatty that it has toned up, so nicely in over the years and should you sell it; you'd surely get a premium for it over generic 64s.

It's an 1881-S dollar, which is very common coin in high grade. I don't see a lot get excited about here, but I've seen some crazy prices placed on coins with gold CAC stickers. Some of those prices are higher than the price would be if the coin were graded at a level higher than the number on the holder. That makes not sense to me, but I guess if you are CAC collector, you pay for the rarity of the sticker.

Is that a 'ding' on the Eagles neck?

Just a small frost break/scrape, not a hit.

The coin looks high-end for the 64 grade, possibly a low MS65 on a good day. In my experience, a coin has to be high-end for the next grade up, or better, to get a gold sticker.