• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coin World article

17 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

mhooten,

I read your Guest Commentary in the new Coin World. It is very well written and makes a good case for better coin designs.

Thank you Dave! I am amazed that you have that in your hands! It's (as you know) the March 24th issue, and it ran on the press only yesterday! In Montana, I get my issues about a week after everyone else! frown.gif

blush.gif Late April they will be running a two-part article of mine on Jefferson nickels. smile.gif I'm quite complimented with their interest and thank Beth Deisher, Editor, for all of her support. She has been quite kind.

Mark.

I'd love to read them. You should post those articles over here.

That is unless the copyright nazis at CW are now claiming ownership of your work.

Thanks Greg. The essence of the current Guest Commentary is found in my letter to my senator thread that I posted last week or so. Since I don't have a copy of the magazine, I do not have the final form. I'd like to see the printed copy myself! laugh.gif As for the other articles, those are under contract to CW. I will definitely let you know when they come out! smile.gif And honestly, I don't know what their final form will be either, especially since it is one article that is being divided into two.

Mark.

I look forward to reading it. Anything to take my mind off the palmprinted coin in a certain company's holder that they put on (note, not NGC -- hint hint) my poor Morgan.

Thanks very much everyone! laugh.gifblush.giflaugh.gif We're all a little crazy around here, so I figured I might as well speak up! HA!

Hoot

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Hoot,

In answer to your question, I get my Coin World online. It's not as enjoyable as spreading the newspaper out on my desk, but I get to read it as soon as it's released. It would take up to three weeks to receive Coin World through our local post office, by which time the cover date had already passed. I highly recommend going this route, if you want to see the articles and ads in a timely manner.

I don't think I'll ever feel like anyone but a "little person" GP, as I stand in the shadow of others leading the fight, like GDJMSP. Have a look at his December article published on Heritage's web site: Time for a Change in Our Change. He's done a lot of work on this topic and has a web site devoted to gathering signatures for the cause: Petition for Change in Coinage

Recent articles and editorials in Coin World (much of it Beth Deisher's work) and in COINage (where Doug Prather is mentioned) are also excellent for the subject.

Thank you everyone for all the kind thoughts!

Hoot

So Mark, since I am probably the only other person on these boards from Montana (Bozeman no less), perhaps I can stop by and pre-read the article. Of course, I should have my copy of Coin World by Saturday. (as will you) I look forward to reading it.