• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AP

9 posts in this topic

The 1800 half eagle is a common date in the series. The Fine bid on the Coin Dealer wholesale sheet is $3,200 without the "improperly cleaned" problem. As Mark Fied noted to you earlier, the value is probably somewhere in the $2,500 ranage, probably headed toward the less than that figure than the greater than that number in sales negociaitons. .

All early (pre 1834) U.S. gold is regarded as scarce, but the $5 gold coins of this era are among the most common. This coin is for a budget minded collector who can't afford or is not willing to spend the $10 to $12 thousand for a nice example. The coin has value, but only at certain levels, because it's not nice enough for the the really advanced collector.

http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/Julio_Encarnacion/library/

1800 $5 Draped Bust F Detail Improperly Cleaned

What is your best knowledge on this coin?

You posted a link to your entire Photobucket library. Anyone can tinker with your photos.

You would need to be logged in to make changes to any of the photos.

Actually, there's a back door -- it has a screen to keep out the flies, but bigger bugs can get in and feast on whatever they want. (Learned this the hard way...)

You could always try to crack out and resubmit and you might get a straight grade.

I believe that would be a waste of money. Did you look at the images before posting that?

You could always try to crack out and resubmit and you might get a straight grade.

This too had crossed my mind, and this is why I had asked for images in his other thread. After looking at the images, I think resubmitting it is futile.