• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Went to the coin show today

6 posts in this topic

and man there was one dealer with some IMPRESSIVE inventory! Well, mainly just because of two coins that I really enjoyed viewing up close. The first was an 1803 eagle, graded AU-50 or 55 by PCI, but it was still a very impressive coin, and it's so seldom that you see early eagles like that at shows as small as Tacoma! The second and by far the most impressive coin I have seen at any local shows so far was a 1907 HR Flat Rim Saint graded MS-66 by PCGS. It was a stunning coin, but he wanted about $5K more than I was wanting to pay, but I am still definitely thinking about it, since a coin like that does not come around that often. I also saw a good variety of bust halves, but many were overgraded, so I ended up leaving the show buying NOTHING! shocked.gif

It's not like I didn't try! I was looking for Saints, and they were all common date, or ones that I already had (except for the 07), I looked for bust stuff, and I was actually tempted on a couple, but they just were nice enough to get me to pull the trigger. I even brought my new Mercury dime folder thinking I could spend an hour searching the junk bin, but they all wanted like $1 each for common date circs! Call me old fashioned, but I have a hard time spending more than 50 cents a piece for circulated common date Mercury dimes. There is a show in Kirkland next Saturday, and another in Tacoma the week after that, so maybe there'll be something that will convince me to part with my money!

He was asking 51, but was willing to come down a few hundred. He said he had 50 in it.

I think Legend's got theirs listed for $47,500 - if it's not sold already, I imagine you could probably get it for close to your price.

I saw the coin when it was bought - very nice.