• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

50,000 State Quarters --- PART 2 posted by Six Mile Rick

15 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I am ecstatically satisfied!!!

Friends,

I posted a journal just yesterday on the final large submission sent in for my State Quarters set.

The grades showed up this afternoon. Out of 86 coins;

Submission reg #2681515-001 to 086 for pics :grin:

Only 3 MS65's

22 were graded MS66 with one being a PL

44 quarters got a sweet MS67 grade

Now for the BEST!!!

13 were graded MS68 with one being a PL

****** 3 GRADED MS69's ******

That will boost my set and others sets as well!!!

HAPPY COIN COLLECTING!!

See more journals by Six Mile Rick

If you resubmit those "MS69" coins you can likely get them down to the same grade as the "MS68" or "MS66" pieces.

Do you think there will be any potential financial gain on the 86 coins?

If you resubmit those "MS69" coins you can likely get them down to the same grade as the "MS68" or "MS66" pieces.

Depending on what coins they are, the 3 MS69 coins could potentially pay for the entire submission if sold to the right registry set person. If these are business strike coins (and not satin finish mint set 2005-2010 coins) then getting a quarter graded MS69 is quite difficult.

Rick, care to tell us which of the coins were graded MS69? I don't want to look through all 86 cert numbers. ;)

Congrats, Brandon

Depending on what coins they are, the 3 MS69 coins could potentially pay for the entire submission if sold to the right registry set person. If these are business strike coins (and not satin finish mint set 2005-2010 coins) then getting a quarter graded MS69 is quite difficult.

Rick, care to tell us which of the coins were graded MS69? I don't want to look through all 86 cert numbers. ;)

Congrats, Brandon

+1 to Brandon!!

MS69's

2002-P Tennessee #012, 2002-P Mississippi #021, and 2004-D Michigan #042 which is a double (AVAILABLE!! NGC list value = $600!)

My MS68PL was the 2000-P Maryland #003 and I got a MS68 on the 2005-D Kansas #057.

A large portion of this submission came from rolls I purchased from Jackson over a year ago. Some will upgrade the second submission I did 2 years ago with Rons rolls.

Glad to add their names in this post!! ;)

NO SATINS HERE!! Business strikes only :)

2002-P Tennessee MS69 pop will now be 4 with none finer

2002-P Mississippi MS69 pop will now be ----- THE ONE AND ONLY!!! :whee:

2004-D Michigan MS69 --- FOR SALE :D

2000-P Maryland MS68PL pop will be 8 with none finer

2005-D Kansas MS68 pop will be 5 with none finer

MANY MORE!! and the Mississippi NGC reg# 2681515-021 is worth more than the COMPLETE submission costs!! :)

(RWB)

Roger-That lol

Maybe a couple in the complete submission. They have been sitting in the grading box over a year. I search rolls mainly but sometimes trade for mint sets and keep the SWEETS. :grin:

My jaw dropped when I cracked open the 25c business S mint 2014 rolls I got from wdrob. Those San Frans are really SWEET!!

Thanks Cladking!!

Thanks Larry!!

I did well and I have a lot of extras now with the 3 large submissions I sent in to build the set from rolls.

Here is some nice state quarters for sale or trade in this set. I will get the pics loaded when they arrive home.

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/SetListing.aspx?PeopleSetID=186364

Anyone want any of the state quarter coins in the set above just give me a shout. :)

Rick

Rick, that is AWESOME the grades that you got back! I remember talking to you A LOT through your picking the coins for submission, you submitting them, and then waiting for the grades, and I don't remember you even THINKING that you'd be getting 69's! Now you've got "the only one known", etc.!!! I'd be screen-shotting, framing, etc whatever you gotta do to save that memory!

And I see your set sky-rocketed to top-10 at #9!!!

Congrats!

Van

I just looked again and noticed something extra:

Your "extra" coins available for trade and/or sale is ranked #46 in the NGC-only rankings, haha!

Amazing...

You know that I'll be wanting to buy some of those; however for your super extra high-grades, you might want to contact Sheila Moore. I know she's been working on a super high-grade set. I've bought a few of her extras.

You know that I'll be wanting to buy some of those; however for your super extra high-grades, you might want to contact Sheila Moore. I know she's been working on a super high-grade set. I've bought a few of her extras.

Van,

I have contacted Sheila Moore in the past with no replies returned. I imagine that she does not want me to bother her by now. There are others that are looking at the top grades out of the submission and first come will be first served.

Thanks for grabbing a few MS67's yourself to add to your swell set.

My Set;

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/SetListing.aspx?PeopleSetID=181181

Rick

I'll bet looking over that submission was a lot of fun, I know when I send in coins for grading I'm constantly refreshing that page waiting for the results to pop up. Congrats! I'll bet those are some nice looking coins.

Thanks Alan,

A stressful start at first waiting for almost 2 weeks to see grades finally appear. The day of the grades showing up I kinda had my own little celebration party!! :grin: