• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My 55 Year Journey of Coin Collecting part 19 of 20 posted by danny0603

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

What Goes Around, Comes Around

Two years ago I sat down to write my memoirs and family history. I covered over 100 subjects and the tome ended up to be 865 pages. One of the chapters in my book was coin collecting and it is that chapter that I have shared with you in what will be 20 parts. Thanks for reading and commenting both privately and by replies.

I intend to leave my collection to my 3 nieces, 3 nephews, 5 great-nieces and 5 great-nephews. Hopefully in the future each will be receiving one 20 slab box of coins. They can do with them what they want. They can sell them, trade them with each other, save them or decide to use these as a starter for their own collections. But the most important thing for them to do is to read the print-out accompanying their box entitled "Chapter 85- Coin Collecting". This will give them the history of my collection and an insight into their grandfather and great-grandfather (my Dad) who made it all happen.

He would have loved that I passed it along to future generations.

See more journals by danny0603

That is incredibly cool of you! As I don't have children of my own, I as well will be passing my collection on to nieces and nephews... What a great idea you have to write up something that tells them how intrinsically valuable the collection is, not just the monetary and collection value.

I agree with Rick, keep posting Journals! It's fun to read what you're up to, etc...

Van