• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1988 DDR Libertad, graded MS67, score....

1 post in this topic

What a pleasant surprise, now the highest known grade.

So far, this new 1988 DDR variety has 9 known and graded in all between PCGS and NGC. Until now the highest grade was 1 in MS66 by PCGS while others came in at MS64 and MS65. I received this coin raw from another libeterad collector friend who actually discovered the variety and submitted it for grading to NGC. We agreed that we would only agree to a price once it was graded. Having it come back as an MS67 was a nice surprise but then i realized that I would have to pay more now for the coin. Eventhough it was more than expected paying more was OK and now it replaced my MS64 88 DDR in my registery set. The MS64 was the first one graded by NGC and the MS67 was the second. There is a 3rd 88 DDR in the NGC pop that was a PCGS crossover and now resides in a NGC slab with a grade of MS65. All three of the mentioned are now in my possession within my registry sets. The 1988 is the toughest coin to find for the whole series and the Double Die will be even tougher.

17229.png

See more journals by TMCGRADY