• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My 1946S Walker

17 posts in this topic

Since I'm in a photographing mood, and the registry here doesn't seem to be allowing me to add photos to my sets, I thought I'd share a nice Walking Liberty half with you all. It's a PCGS MS-64 half.

Neil

119381-1946sobv.jpg.56b0e37a285c1652b73548f13eeff1d0.jpg

Thanks! I got that coin for only $25, too! laugh.gif

I described in the guess the grade post my setup. But I was reading through the digital camera manual again and thought about a minor change that made a big difference. Exposure compensation. Apparently, bright reflective subjects against a dark background causes the camera to underexpose and thus shifts a lot of pixels outside the viewable range. So I have now made my exposure compensation +1 EV and that really made the coin pic come alive. And at this point, I don't even really need to do any color correction!

Neil

Yeah, slight typo on the date. The coin was made in 1946 using 1945 dies. How can I tell? Um, I'll get back with you!

nwcs- No need to get back to me. I believe you. I know the mint does that sort of stuff all the time. Nice coin and a very good image. cool.gif

EVP, I forgot to reply back to ya! Sorry. tongue.gif

When I try to add any picture to the coin, the file begins to upload then stops. Basically nothing else happens until the server times out. Basically, the server just isn't accepting the bytes from me. Perhaps I've been a bad coin guy?

Neil,

Your problems uploading pics may not be you. I've had problems with this site even doing just the bare minimum -- like loading a simple page so I can read posts.

I suggest that you bring this to Arch's attention.

EVP

When I try to add any picture to the coin, the file begins to upload then stops. Basically nothing else happens until the server times out. Basically, the server just isn't accepting the bytes from me. Perhaps I've been a bad coin guy?

When I upload images it seems the limit is not 100K as advertised, but something less. I don't know the exact number but it seems to be around 85K. Also, I have to upload the obverse image and the reverse image one at a time, even if both are less than the 85K limit.

If I try to upload an image over the 85K size then the exact symptoms you describe happen.

Hmm, I've had big ones go through, but this image (the 45s) is less that 70. Maybe it's just one of those things.

EVP, this is the same problem we discussed a few weeks ago, and you said it had to do with dial up from home. I can't seem to upload photos at all from home (well maybe 1 in 20) so I do it all from work with a T1.