• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Wedge-Tailed Eagle set posted by CHRISTOS

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

My last attempt to a perfect "Birdie" came a bit short.

Hello everyone!

Well during the middle of last year I decided to attempt to put together an NGC set of the of the Australian Wedge-Tailed Eagle.I really loved the way those coin looked!

I knew at that time that the only graded coins available for purchase were only by pcgs,but I was determined to put a set together!

First I had to ask NGC to open a catigory for this coin which they did!

Then came the hard part...finding raw coins for the inaugural year 2014 at a desent price to sent for grading at NGC.For the best part I did get luky,but to make long story short the last coin missing to complete the set was the 2014 proof High Relief. Needless to say it wasn't easy finding one at a price I would afford!

Finally a week before Christmas I see one from a seller in Australia and I jump on it!

See more journals by CHRISTOS

Congrats on completing your set Christos. Like you, I too love the way this coin looks. I think it's one of the best renditions of a bird of prey on any coin/bullion from any country.

While I don't have a desire to put together the entire set, I do own a few of them.