• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

REGISTRY AWARDS / CUSTOM SET DOMINANCE posted by The Argentum Collector

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Congratulations to all who won a Registry Award for 2015!

While my passion for this hobby lies in the aspect of "the hunt", it is always nice to receive recognition. So I commend NGC for issuing it's yearly awards and recognizing the many collectors in our hobby! How they review so many sets is beyond me.

As always it was exciting waiting for the awards to be announced and then a pleasure reviewing the many amazing winning sets afterwards. There are some passionate collectors out there and all the winners of this year's awards were very deserving! The time, effort and expense that goes into putting these sets together is very impressive and worthy of recognition.

I won't lie, I was a somewhat disappointed to not see my set: "The Global Silver Coin Collection" listed in the Custom Set awards. I thought it was worthy. I worked hard on it and since last year I added 195 additional quality silver coins from 23 new countries for a total of 430 silver coins from 80 countries. I designed a new custom header for my set and added even more info to it's content. All 430 coins are illustrated and have a full write up, including each coin's silver content, purity, mintage, design and registry statistics. I am however only more motivated to keep improving the quality, rarity and diversity of this unique set!

I did notice that since it's inception the award for "Best Overall Custom Set" has gone to a set that contains So Called Dollars, Medals, Replicas and Tokens 7 of 11 times. That being said maybe my silver COIN collection doesn't even have a chance?

Regardless....way to go NGC! The registry, the registry awards and the journals are top notch and I am proud to be a member!

Happy collecting.

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/wcm/CoinCustomSetView.aspx?s=14077

17172.jpg

See more journals by The Argentum Collector

Thanks! As far as inserting a photo: you have to upload the photo you'd like to add to an online service (mine are on Google) then copy the picture address and enter it in the following HTML:

YOURPICTUREADDRESSHERE.jpg

Happy Collecting!