• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Libertad Variety, 1988 DDO

1 post in this topic

New libertad variety discovered and authenticated by PCGS

A fellow Libetad collector named Dan from Connecticut submitted 4 or 5 1988 DDO BU libertads to PCGS for grading and they all came back MS64, MS65 and 1 at MS66 DDO making this the latest variety for the libertad series. After speaking with him I went through all my 1988 libertads and found inhad one as well. Currently mine is with NGC for grading and this should be the 1st 1988 DDO to be graded by NGC. What makes this particular variety special is the fact that the 1988 is a difficult coin to find in itself but finding a 1988 DDO is even more difficult to find.

The doubling on this variety is very interesting and even pretty extreme. The picture i have attached shows the doubling in the wing as well as the dental work around the rim and can be seen throughout the bottom of the coin on the date, the word mexico and the double dots next to the 999 as well as the 999. Hopefully I will get the coin grade next week as i out a rush on it with NGC.

17168.png

See more journals by TMCGRADY