• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Glad To Be Back

8 posts in this topic

It's been 13 years since I've collected...

I'm a 42-year-old Business Manager. I manage the rapid, sustainable and profitable growth of a fantastic local chiropractic Doctor. After 29 years in business, he wants it to truly grow and expand and I enjoy being a part of that success. The Doctor has expressed that when we open our next office, I'll become his partner. And we have plans of opening 3 more locations. *crossing my fingers*... I've been divorced for 13 years and have now resigned myself to knowing that I'm probably too jaded to ever find anyone to remarry, so I don't even worry about it. I focus on work, backpacking, photography and now finally back to coin collecting.

I received my first collectible coin, an 1887 Morgan Silver Dollar, (that I grade to be EF-40), from my Grandfather Bockman when I was 12 years old. He wrote a note with it that stated, "This coin is made of silver, and its intrinsic value is far greater than its face value." I remember SO many times in my youth wanting to sell or spend that silver dollar and am happy and proud that I always avoided the temptation. I do not ever plan on parting with that coin.

After my divorce 13 years ago, I ran across some hard times and sold my collection. At the time, it included a nice NGC Registry Peace Dollar collection, (which can be seen under the username vphillips), a nice statehood quarter collection I was building and a complete Silver Eagle bullion collection in MS and PF.

Now, all these years later, in November 2015, I decided to get back into coin collecting. In my first month back I found myself having an absolute BLAST having at times daily shipments of coins; and even though I crazily spent over $800 my first month back into collecting, I'm actually finding myself looking forward to spending more and more and more!

I'm looking forward to a great experience in the NGC Collectors Society and building my statehood quarter registry set of NGC MS-67 or greater while working on Mint sets and even a fun Type Set in my Dansco album.

Looking forward to gaining and building upon relationships again in the coin community!

17166.jpg

See more journals by VanPhillips

Welcome back to the hobby. Don't despair about the girlfriend - she'll pop up when you least expect it.