• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The end of 2015 as we know it posted by Six Mile Rick

8 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Getting ready for 2016

Friends,

As for the usual every Jan. 1'st I do a order from Wizard Coin Supply to get more coin flips for submissions that are on the back burner. With each January poly-flip order I usually get a Intercept Shield coin album. This order today was 500 flips and a Franklin album. I probably have a dozen or so ungraded Franklins here and figured it would be a fun album to fill. Was looking for a Modern Commemorative album but they weren't available in Intercept Shield yet. Dansco had them but I want my raw library albums to match up.

Hopefully I will have the funds this new year to submit many sets. I usually run across enough great sales that the submission funds are depleted.

Well have a great 2016 everyone and if you have a couple nice raw Frankies ----- Let Me Know!!

I will be glad to get 150+ dimes finally into NGC for submission next month. Almost 7 years of searching and saving.

Happy Coin Collecting

Rick

17149.jpg

See more journals by Six Mile Rick

Hey Rick,

Man, do I know about having coins for submitting backed up! Between my US coins for sales and World coins for my personal collection, I NEVER get caught up on grading! It doesn't help, either, that I can't submit my sellers and keepers together because of the different tier categories!

Best of luck with your upcoming submissions my friend. I hope NGC is good to you!

Happy New Year to you and everyone!

~Tom

Thanks Tom,

NGC always does me right. Sometimes a lesson and other times a great deserving grade.

Been watching your post with critter. Some interesting world coins, got me looking at a few world coin sites. :grin:

Rick

Rick,

I too know those lessons from NGC all too well!! But, hey, we win some, we lose some! I see it as part of the game. And I'm so glad you've been checking out my posts with Critter. We're having a pretty good exchange. I'm so glad to hear that you've been checking out some World coin sites!! And, on my end, there will be some US coins in my Best of the World Custom Set! There's two on there right now, but some others are under consideration. I also have a Pan Pac Half to grade that's definitely going in there as will something Draped Bust. The ones I'm considering are the Peace Dollar, the Jefferson Nickel ( First Design, not the horrible 2006 portrait!) the Buffalo Nickel and the Indian Cent. I've always seen something in those designs and it might be time to explore them in the context of that set!

~Tom

Hey Rick,

Those toned dimes are cool. Tell me about not being caught up on grading. Man I have so much to do that sometimes it's a hard call to pick which ones to send off. It's so cool to hear about you checking out world coin sites! Do you have any leanings towards any particular countries or designs or just pretty open to whatever strikes your fancy? Thanks to Mohawk (Thanks Mohawk!) I'm learning to take better coin pics and I'll have some sets up soon to check out. I've been doing this for years, but never got involved on here before. I don't know why? I love talking coins. You guys are great!

~Candice

Candice,

Thanks for the compliment on the 96 silver proof above. I have around 30 candy dimes to send into NGC. The main goal submission however is for high grade modern FT's. I am doing a candy dime set for fun this year and the grades really don't matter.

It seemed the German States taler (dollar) coins stopped me once in a while. There are many different ones with some good artwork designs. :)

Later---Rick

Van,

Sunday was a great conversation. I was very happy to also organize my state quarters as we were sending messages throughout the day.

We'll make a day of it again I'm sure!! :)

Rick