• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just bought my first monster coin!

10 posts in this topic

I've been looking for years for this coin, and finally found just what I want and have the finances to support it: 1934 S MS65 NGC Peace dollar (what else?). It is bright white, lustrous, a great strike, and the undisputed key to the series (athough there are several more expensive issues in MS65). I can't WAIT to see this thing in person! Almost every 34 S I've seen has mottled toning and looks like it's been drug through the mud, but this one's a blazer. And to top it off, my wife is totally turned off on the stock market and supports investing in coins. How's that song go...."Oh, happy day...."!!!!!!!

Barry; Be sure you post it when you get it.

The best I could do in the 1934S dep't is AU50.I'll eventually get there.

Did you get it at an auction, dealer, ebay, stole it, found it? Twowood cool.gif

***********************************************************************************************

Next time there's a war in Europe, the loser has to keep France

Found it at a dealer who bought it at the Long Beach show...I knew I should have gone! I'll be sure to post a pic.

ps If you're interested, my AU58 coin is going up for sale. It looks like a 62-63, but NGC says otherwise....

Barry, you said you bought the coin and "I can't WAIT to see this thing in person"

I'm happy for you, but sincerely hope you have a return privilege for a purchase like that.

Mark, thanks for the concern. Yes, I have return privileges, but based on the hi-res photos and the dealer's reputation I don't anticipate needing to.

Regards,

i am really lookingh forward to the photos of this peaxce dollar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sincerely michael

a series that is undervalued and has a fundemential rerason to rise in value and of course your coins sounds like a great!! coin

Barry

I know exactly what you are feeling!!!!!

About a month ago...with the finances....I finally purchased a 32-D wash. qtr. I looked at several,NGC and PCGS coins, good scans, bad scans, and excellent scans. I also had a 14 day return privilege.

To make a long story short...

I got a, IMO a under graded PCGS MS-63 smile.gifsmile.gif

Congratulations on a wonderful coin.

Rob

ok, ok ok,,.... i cant take it!!!!!!!!!!

i feel like im waiting the mail to show up with my latest purchase, to add to

my collection.

PLEASE SHOW US WHEN YOU GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im happy 4 you, i hope you did good!!!!!!

mike

ok, ok ok,,.... i cant take it!!!!!!!!!!

i feel like im waiting the mail to show up with my latest purchase, to add to

my collection.

PLEASE SHOW US WHEN YOU GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im happy 4 you, i hope you did good!!!!!!

The Post Office tried to deliver it Saturday, but we were out so I picked it up this morning. This coin is WAY MORE than I expected, with just one slight tick underneath the chin (I could see it in the magnified photo the dealer sent so it wasn't a surprise). The fields, cheek, hair, and the entire reverse are perfect without magnification. The luster is terrific and the strike is very bold for a '34 S, and I've looked at lots of them. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like sending the dealer some extra money (somebody slap me!).

I'll post pics tonight....