• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suggestions For New Registry Sets?

43 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Please let us know what new sets you would like added to the Registry.

We are currently working on a Complete $3 set, Seated Liberty Halves set, Silver Dollar and Half Dollar Type sets.

Are we still missing your set?

A silver dollar type set is a great idea; how about adding a Carson City Morgan set? (that's in addition to the GSA holdered set already there)

How about an early gold Type set. The current gold Type picks up in the 1830's, but I bet there are a lot of guys out there with some cool stuff to show off.

Also, hope that you would expand the denomination sets beyond half dollars and dollars.

Yes, I'll second the surggestion that pre 1834 gold type coins need a spot on the type registry. I've got three coins that I love that have no home on the registry because they have been deemed as "too rare." frown.gif

Not a set, but a feature. I'd like to see stats on the entire registry. I'd like to be able to see how many sets there are. How many are 100% complete, 90% complete, etc. I'd like to see a number (and percentage) of sets that were updated.

It'd be a useful tool for comparing the popularity of this registry with that other registry across the street.

A good idea would be to have feature where you can look at all of the sets by a particular user. That would be nice, I would enjoy it. I would spend alot more time on the registry. Now I just go to add coins or look at updated sets.

How about a "nickel" type set that included both MS and PF for each issue, along with SMS coins: FE cent, 3cent nickel, shield, Lib, buffalo, and Jefferson nickel. (I guess that modern clad denominations would be fair game, but I'd rather it be limited to the above).

Hoot

Ok, Dena, I have a radical idea...

How about an Early Dollar (or Bust Half, Quarter, or whatever) die variety set? Using the ED's as an example, the set would contain slots for every BB variety known, and would be weighted according to grade and rarity.

A coin in an NCS holder would count, with the grade-point score be 3 (because you filled the slot) plus the rarity premium.

Suppose the scoring were done like this: x = total points for that slot.

And, R.3 or less the RP = 1. R.4, the RP = 1.25. R.5, the RP = 2. R.6, the RP = 5. R.7, RP = 10. R.8, the RP = 25.

So, if my BB-181 (R.5) is graded VF30, then it would be 30x2 = 60 pts. If I had an R.8 that's ungraded in an NCS slab, then it's worth 3x25 = 75 pts.

All rarity ratings would be in accordance with the last published findings by the JRCS.

Of course, Warren's collection would be untouchable!

EVP

I did not see this post before I made my post.

I would like to see PL Comem's added. Alao would like to see Classic Head gold added as well.

One idea, in honor of Braddick is to have a worst of set. Like a worst-of type set (probably a full type set just to keep it simple) where the weighting is exactly reverse of what it is for the best-of full type set. Where people can show off their well circulated and enjoyable coins. Besides, think of how many key dates and early dates are only found (or affordable) in very low condition...

Neil

I do not collect complete sets but I do have several examples from many different series so I would like to see an open set where I could list the coins of my choosing.

Hi Dena,

I would like to see some specialty sets added for early silver commemorative coins, such as a set for the Arkansas, Boone, Booker T. Washington, Oregon, Texas, & Washington-Carver issues.

Thanks

John

I like Neil's idea of a "worst-of" set... It's a way to allow people to have fun with the registry, and to allow collectors to focus on nice collector-grade material.

Of course, Pat may not appreciate the additional competition!

EVP

One additional thing about a worst-of set. While it may bring competition to the lowest grades, it does provide at least one registry where the collector of lesser financial means can have fun and know they at least have a shot to be in the top 10.

Neil

I collect mainly NGC graded coin (with a few PCGS) slabs thrown in.I too would like to register my coins.I would like to see SMS included in the Registry.Since I have been waiting I have opened a 64 to date Kennedy proof set and 50 - 64 Washington proof set.

I'd like to see a Washington Quarter Variety set, that includes all the various DDO's DDR's RPM's etc. To facilitate this, NGC would have to include recognizing varieties found outside of the traditional FS #'s. It would be cool!

Andy laugh.gif

Body-bagged sounds like they killed me. They didn't. Had they wanted to kill me, they should have made a bunch of restrictive rules on posting and given me the opportunity to hang myself. Instead they shot me in the back.

That's OK. I'm happy over here now. What goes around comes around and I'm coming around rather quickly. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I would like to be able to see an all time finest column for all the registry sets. I am considering selling my Jefferson war nickel set to focus solely on Mercury and Roosevelt dimes. My set is currently #1 and I hate the thought of vanishing for ever.

It feel like I was never there.... shocked.gif

• Administrator

I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of a sekrit projekt related to this. wink.gif

Arch

A sugesstion I have is circulated Barber series:

One of my area's of collecting is F-12 to VF-30 Barber Halves

I feel it would be a win win situation for both NGC and the collector.

For NGC, added submissions on circulated material

For the collector,assurance of obtaining ORIGINAL uncleaned barber halves,or other denomination's.

Sure, some of the date's wouldn't justify being graded,(in certain grade's) but,as a collector the past 3 years of the barber half series,it would be a benifit for many of us barber collector's.

Plus on the retail market knowing that nice looking collectable coin's will be in NGC holder's.

I think in alot of series, circulated coin's are very attractive and affordable....(obviously) compared to uncs.

Rob

I'd like to see the stats broken down somewhere as Greg suggested. Perhaps you could provide a link just so that we could look at this data? Also, how about a Hawaiian type set? They are coins minted in the US for a then-US territory and are also quite cool.