• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For the LOVE of Lincoln's posted by Rick's Keepers

16 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I spent the whole WAD!!

Friends,

Well as you read in a earlier journal this week by Hunter's Gold -- he sold his set. I saw the hint left in a message by Doug -- dadams -- on who purchased and was selling off his coins. There was no time to even get ready as the first sale was tonight.

I started with the first Lincoln and then went with others that I had selected till I ran out of CASH!!

New Purchases;

1990 MS68rd

1984-D MS68rd

1960-D Large date MS67rd

1970-D MS67rd

1987-D MS68rd

1991 MS68rd

1959 MS67rd

1959-D MS67rd

1960 Large date MS67rd

Just a few of the 100 or so that sold tonight. The rest sell tomorrow

16742.JPG

See more journals by Rick's Keepers

Way to go Rick!!

Let me say I am so very happy for Hunter's Gold in that he was able to have enjoyed his collection while in his possession and now in perpetuity he will walk the grass of his land knowing it was 2 bucks of Lincoln cents that funded his dream and in realizing other collectors will enjoy these cents as much as he.

I made a run on the 1967 Business Strike and 1971-D, but struck out twice. I had in consideration as well the 2010-D SMS MS69RD and decided I shouldn't even bother . . . in the last 4 seconds it went from $24.50 to $467.00.

Rick, you may have blown the wad and spent some cash but you scored some gold my friend - Hunter's Gold - that is.

And look at the bright side - you have 20 hours to regroup for the next attack ;)

-Doug

Way to go Rick!!

Let me say I am so very happy for Hunter's Gold in that he was able to have enjoyed his collection while in his possession.

Rick, you may have blown the wad and spent some cash but you scored some gold my friend - Hunter's Gold - that is.

And look at the bright side - you have 20 hours to regroup for the next attack ;)

-Doug

Next attack ??? Wshew -- I got my little group tonight and that's all the HUNTER'S GOLD this boy can afford for now. lol

I got a message today from Doug ( Hunter's Gold). He spent the past few days on the new property and he's lov'n it. :grin:

Rick. I am glad you were able too pick up some of these. I am really glad that I can still enjoy some of them through others collections. I hope you enjoyed them as much as I did. Yes, I spent the last week up at the new property enjoying the peacefulness. I was not aware until the last minute that they had already been listed so I watch as they were sold.

I think it is everyone's dream to find that place that brings peace to their lives. Looks like you have found yours!! Mine will be about the same acres with some of it dedicated to my own personal driving range!! Send us some more pics!!

Bud

Doug,

When your ready for a building just let me know. I'll come build ya something. Wish I had a little more set up to grab a few more of your coins tonight but the limit has been tapped!! :grin:

If you don't have a tractor for that big yard yet check with Kabota and get a 40 or 50 horse power with loader at 0% interest!! :)

It's been a GREAT DAY!!! My son --- 23 years old finally decided to move into another house I have with 2 acres.

YAY!!! He's MOVING OUT!!! :whee:

NOW I can get ready for retirement. :grin:

Sounds like WOOHOOs all the way around. Rick - congrats to your son on moving out. We've got three daughters, the oldest is 8. In this day and age of 12-year-olds believing in Santa and 9-year-olds letting their moms tie their shoes, I fear the 40-year-olds living in my basement some day.

And Hunter's Gold - RV's, man!!! We've got a pop-up trailer, whatever daily trials and tribulations we have in our family, when we all take our trailer somewhere, we're all in the van together, we all eat meals together, we all go to bed together, the five of us share the whole activity. Nice spot you've got. I hope you've Hunted and found the Real Gold.

I have been scratching my head on this shipping tracking for a few days now. The tracking stopped 100 miles away 4 days ago. I sent a message to seller this morning to prepare him. :)

Of course when I got off work today it finally gets a tracking addition --- At Post Office --- ready for pick up. :golfclap:

I am waiting for my 22 year old to "Make the move"!!! It seems they like to stay home longer than they used to...

Bud

I'll let you know how it feels to have my own tools and garage again. :grin:

Sounds like WOOHOOs all the way around. Rick - congrats to your son on moving out. We've got three daughters, the oldest is 8. In this day and age of 12-year-olds believing in Santa and 9-year-olds letting their moms tie their shoes, I fear the 40-year-olds living in my basement some day.

And Hunter's Gold - RV's, man!!! We've got a pop-up trailer, whatever daily trials and tribulations we have in our family, when we all take our trailer somewhere, we're all in the van together, we all eat meals together, we all go to bed together, the five of us share the whole activity. Nice spot you've got. I hope you've Hunted and found the Real Gold.

Thane,

Your babies need their shoes tied ---- TIE THEM!!

Girls --- Don't worry, Mama will push them out of the nest or a WILD YOUNG MAN will take them at age for a wife or future wife.

Boys are tougher as you can't push them out of the nest. MAMA'S BOYS seem to get the higher rank!! :grin:

Rick

You got that right!!! No matter how old the male is he is always "mama's baby" and can do no wrong!! He is a good kid and isn't pushing white powder up his nose so it ain't all bad!!

Bud