• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some one needs to check the rankings

9 posts in this topic

I created a new Classic Commemorative type set yesterday. With no coins in it I was last in the ranking. Later in the day I added a couple of PCGS coins and a non-competative Norse medal. Since the PCGS coins were not yet verified, my total score for the set was 3, yet I was at the top of the list ranked as number 1.

Well, today everybody is ranked number 1. I'm sure we would all like to be number 1 but such things are not meant to be.

Whew! I was hoping someone had reported this already. The Registry sure is seriously messed up. Imagine my surprise to encounter about a dozen competing sets, all with different scores, all tied for Number 1.

screwy.gif

Beijim

• Administrator

Hi guys,

Probably a minor bug. We're looking at it. It should be fixed quickly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

i have to say....this is getting old and unprofessional....ever since the huricanes the site has been up down...up...down and that was last year

i notice the "explosion" last week...but guess what...now the pics of the coins are showing error....whats next

i love ngc...but you need a " i t " guy ...quick.....not buggin ya but ebay has these problems to.....for about 30 minutes

the reason it gets old is i was trying to send a pic to a fellow weenie and nothing got there and i had to do it again...unitl i found out...ngc blew up again

monsterman

key word...agian

• Administrator

Hello,

We're sorry for the inconveniences lately. Most issues with the site of late can be traced back to a single problem. We moved the site to a newer and more powerful server running the latest Microsoft web server software. This move caused some problems that had to be resolved by a patch from Microsoft to fix their web server software - two patches, actually. However, it did take some time for both Microsoft and us to track down the source of the issue. During that period the had instability issues. We made a number of changes to try and work around the problem while a more permanent fix was found, but it still caused a variety of problems.

The reason this issue did not come out in testing before we made the cut over is that it only showed up under the work load put on the server by live users.

Again, we're sorry for the inconvenience and have been working hard to get these issues behind us.

For anyone wanting the jargon, there was a memory leak in the MDAC component of IIS that only occurred under certain circumstances and only showed up after sufficient load was put on the server. Two Microsoft hotfixes were applied to close the issue.

Regards,

Arch

Webby,

Don't sweat it, folks that use this site should remember it would still be cheap at double or triple the charge to members, eh? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

In my work world, I use CAD/CAM software, 3D modeling that really makes a computer work hard, on the latest and greatest computers money can buy and we still have many IT problems with software not playing nice with other software, the server, the plotters and printers, updates making thing worse than before an update, etc,etc,etc,etc, etc.( I mean it when I call my monitor "the eye of hell") devil.gif

I feel you folks have been doing a great job and the problems I've seen since coming in here since November have been minor and are fixed in a timely fashion.

This site rocks! thumbsup2.gif

• Administrator

Thanks very much for the kind comments. I'm glad you're enjoying the system. We are committed to making the site great now and even better as time goes on. Occasionally there may be some rough spots, but we'd like you to know that it's a priority to keep those to a minimum and that we do care greatly whether the user experience is smooth and easy or difficult.

Hey Arch,

Thanks for the prompt and clear explanation. We digital lifestyle types appreciate the additional detail and share your pain in the Wild West of Hotfix Gulch.

Ride 'em cowboy,

Beijim