• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

War Nickels

9 posts in this topic

I am selling my war nickels. My wife wants eye surgery and she gets what she wants... With that said I have the following

1942 S MS67 NGC 1865069-004 - pictures added.

1943 D MS66FS PCGS 71116400 - has a pink or reddish hue on obverse and reverse...

1944 D MS 67 NGC 1860595-049 - reddish hue only on reverse

1944 S MS67 NGC 1961524-008 - no toning seent

I am pretty new to collecting so I have never identified anything on a coin that I was not told was there, but does this 1942 S does it have a die crack or something straight down the middle of the coin and perhaps at the 11:30 position. Again I am probably being nieve.

I am using a Samsung galaxy 5S phone for the images. This is the first time I have tried to upload photos. I have no scanner or fancy camera. Let me know if you are interested and I can send multiple photos privately.

Unfortunately, I am also aware that these four coins will not generate the $7000 I need for the eye surgery, but I am hoping that is a die crack and people will fight for it up to a target of $2000 (kidding)

15qvu53.jpg

Try adding your coins to collectivecoin.com. From there it is extremely easy to post them on the forum. Once added, bring up a picture, click Forum and then paste the result (just hit Ctrl-V) in a message here.

Check out tinypic.com

It's free. There's no registration. And you can resize photos right from a drop down box:

23s9m3p.png

After uploading, just copy and paste the IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards right into the forum

I am pretty new to collecting so I have never identified anything on a coin that I was not told was there, but does this 1942 S does it have a die crack or something straight down the middle of the coin and perhaps at the 11:30 position. Again I am probably being nieve.

I am hoping that is a die crack and people will fight for it up to a target of $2000 (kidding)

It does indeed appear to be a die-crack, and I suspect that's evidence of a die clash in the field left of the mintmark (which could well have been what caused the die to crack).

so this collectivecoin thing is great... how do I change the posted image size. looks great on collective coin and no so great here. thanks

I don't think there's any way to change the image size once it is uploaded. You could always resize the image before saving to collectivecoin. I like the tinypic suggestion. I will start doing that too!

Do die cracks alter the values of coins. I presume not except to say if it were a true variety it may but not for something like this....

I also am interested in seeing the way coins are made... where are the youtube videos. amazon prime has nothing available. there are a lot of words used but I can not understand them. I do not believe there is a such thing as a hub, because I have never seen it :)

The 4 coins are 170 for the lot.

1943d - MS66FS

1942s - MS67 with images above - die crack

1944d - MS67

1944s - MS67

First come first serve. I can email images if anyone is interested. Leave me email address to send pictures to.

thanks all