• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Final Educational Poll with prizes for the winner!

Beijim  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Beijim

18 posts in this topic

Ok, boardsters, this is the final rendition of the most educational poster poll. Please, vote only once for each of the top three slots. The first prize winner will receive three mercury dimes from the famous McDonald's hoard grin.gif. (Remember that I got 32 of 'em in change recently). Second place will receive 2 Mercs and third place will get one.

I guess that I will still include HaydenTubbs in this poll even after that 'EZ_E is a real asset minus the et to these boards' comment. 27_laughing.gif

If I would have realized that Hoot was going to come in first place then I would have offered 3 dateless Buffalo nickels instead.

893whatthe.gifinsane.gif

Congratulations to His Hootness!!! Hands down, you are the winner for the most educational poster! It is a well deserved confidence placed in you. Thanks for all of your contributions. Three little Merc-ing birds are reserved for you.

The second and third place positions are not so well delineated as Hoot's victory margin so, for the final poll (which I am turning into a dirty word crazy.gif) PLEASE vote just once more from the following five. I'll call the polls closed on Friday, Feb. 18th and the winners should PM me with an address so that I can send them their Mercury dimes. All will be different dates and have pleasant, circulated eye-appeal. I will also send a Mercury dime to the fourth place winner. I hope everyone enjoyed these polls and have both enjoyed and been motivated by my intent.

Everyone mentioned on the polls are each excellent posters and have everyone's gratitude for their contributions to the hobby. Thanks guys and Melanie. thumbsup2.gif

P.S. The numbers following the candidate's names are the number of votes as of this posting for the first, second and third places.

Congratulations one and all!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

The tally is in with the following winners:

1st place Hoot wins 3 Mercs

2nd place TomB wins 2

3rd place Wihlborg wins 1

4th place michael wins 1 as a consolation prize. (He had 6 total votes for the top three slots as opposed to James and Greg's 5.

Ok, guys (um, where's the gals confused-smiley-013.gif) PM me an address to send you your coins. Greg and James, the same goes for you two, too.

Thanks to everyone for participating in this poll. It's intent was to stimulate some good topics on these forums. And, as is evidenced by recent posts, it worked!

acclaim.gif

Wow! If I had known I was that close to fame I would have voted fro myself more often!

poke2.gif

Seriously, thanks for the contenst - it's a very nice gesture.

-JamminJ

Wow! If I had known I was that close to fame I would have voted fro myself more often!

And had I know you were so close, I wouldn't have voted you for last place so often. poke2.gif

Thank you for even including me among such an august group. I certainly don't see myself in even the same league (let alone ballpark) as the winners (and runner-up -- Hi Michael wink.gif), from all of whom I've consistently learned so much over the past few years. It's humbling to be in such excellent company!

hail.gif

Beijim

the only reason why i got fourth place as in all the polls i voted for myself as first 893whatthe.gifinsane.gif893whatthe.gifflamed.gifflamed.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gifstooges.gif

but i will cherish my merc dime thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

thanks for a great thread poll victor and all the great prizes 893applaud-thumb.gif

i did vote first place for almost everyone also on all the polls eze did as i thought everyone was first cloud9.gif

Everyone listed on the polls have my respect and many more who weren't listed due to an oversight. I have grown from an enthusiastic newbie to a more seasoned and knowledgeable collector over the past three years largely because of the NGC boards. Thanks to one and all.

Remember, I need a mailing address to send out the prizes so the sooner that I can get 'em then the sooner that I will mail the coins out. Er, um... registered and insured, of course. makepoint.gif Not!

Now, if we had a poll for the most handsome then I don't think that michael would even vote for himself to place! tongue.gif

BTW, Hayden, YOU are banned from ever responding to my threads. FOREVER!! grin.gif27_laughing.gif

I would like to say that I consider it an honor to be part of such a fine bunch of people as we have here as members on the NGC boards. I have made many good friends here since I joined almost two years ago. Some I have had the pleasure of meeting in person already, while others I look forward to someday meeting face to face.

We have a diverse group people here, from beginning collectors to seasoned numismatists, and each of you contribute in your own way to make this the great place it is. You are all number one in my book!

Victor, I ask that you give the Merc you are offering to me to a young collector or someone just getting started in collecting coins instead. Please don’t think that I don’t I appreciate your generosity, I do, however I believe that Merc in the hands of a beginning collector will do far more good than it will in mine.

John

John,

You betcha! TomB asked the same thing so I will send them to michael to give to YN's at his coin club.

But...

you guys don't know what you're missing. Iffin I could get these babies slabbed with the famous McDonald's pedigree then I could get big bucks for these babies. screwy.gif

grin.gif