• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it AU58 or MS58?

38 posts in this topic

AU.

Uncirculated or "MS" starts at 60.

No exceptions; no BS.

Concur.

Anything else is disingenuous and an attempt to deceive, in my opinion.

Or just incorrect, without any such attempt.

Or misdirection. Get people to focus on the MS/AU inconsistency and they forget about the fact the coins are overgraded garbage that do not have CAC stickers. Worse, some are NGC coins without CAC stickers. :o

I'm so confused. I thought it was PCGS + CAC + professional representation only when buying coins and now it seems like that is inconsistent with their auctions. I guess I'll never learn this hobby. It's almost like people keep changing the rules when it comes to them making money. :(

The nature and phrasing of your Post could be interpreted as humor

The above would be accurate.

You are witnessing the creation of bureaucracy. :)

I more matter of factly call it

brilliant b1tchery

and above is what it is called in Vatican city state the world's oldest continuing bureaucracy

AU.

Uncirculated or "MS" starts at 60.

No exceptions; no BS.

It's almost like people keep changing the rules when it comes to them making money. :(

^^

Do you mean to imply that money and greed affect decisions? In coin collecting? Surely, that is humor -- no numismatist would do such a thing as declare a coin with wear as "mint state" or hire people to stand in line or hire actors to disrupt a public activity?

Do you mean to imply that money and greed affect decisions? In coin collecting? Surely, that is humor -- no numismatist would do such a thing as declare a coin with wear as "mint state" or hire people to stand in line or hire actors to disrupt a public activity?

Surely you jest....and don't call me Shirley!

Love the sarcasm Roger. BTW, I think this type of behaviour can be found wherever there is money to be made, in every country, in every business.

Do you mean to imply that money and greed affect decisions? In coin collecting? Surely, that is humor -- no numismatist would do such a thing as ... hire people to stand in line or hire actors to disrupt a public activity?

And he is still on the PCGS Board of Experts and PNG member to boot. Ironically (in my opinion) he also won the PNG's Sol Kaplan Award for helping to fight fraud and thievery in numismatics. It is interesting (in my opinion), that people in this hobby view it as acceptable to pay people to stand in lines and create artificial hype/rarity surrounding an item that you are selling and to misrepresent (in my opinion) the value thereof. I wonder what the owner of the $100k bullion Kennedy thinks.

Do you mean to imply that money and greed affect decisions? In coin collecting? Surely, that is humor -- no numismatist would do such a thing as ... hire people to stand in line or hire actors to disrupt a public activity?

And he is still on the PCGS Board of Experts and PNG member to boot. Ironically (in my opinion) he also won the PNG's Sol Kaplan Award for helping to fight fraud and thievery in numismatics. It is interesting (in my opinion), that people in this hobby view it as acceptable to pay people to stand in lines and create artificial hype/rarity surrounding an item that you are selling and to misrepresent (in my opinion) the value thereof. I wonder what the owner of the $100k bullion Kennedy thinks.

I agree Kenny. I'm beginning to wonder if the $100K gold Kennedy seller actually exists....

After I learned who was behind most of the shennanigans at last years release, I decided to personally not buy from them again. I buy silver bullion (ASEs) and had them on my list of sellers, but no longer.