• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(Grade Revealed) 1934 S Walking Liberty Half Dollar

11 posts in this topic

Ok, this one is interesting, because I'm so far away from the crowd. If those are marks on the sun and sun rays on the coin then I'd guess 65 but no surprise if came back 64. If those marks are not on the coin and they are on slab I'd go 66 - 66+ as long as the luster was there. End of the day, I think its a nice looking coin. From pictures alone I have seen coins that got 67 looking like this one as long as those are not marks on the obverse. But I could be missing something major because I am rather new at this, but I love to guess so I go for it.

Without the hits on the Obverse rays, this coin is an easy MS66. Strong central line. Rays are struck up more strongly than most MS65-66 examples. Overall a well struck coin with clean fields excepting the rays hit and a little Obverse high point chatter. So how much to deduct for the rays hit?

MS66 without the rays hit. I think NGC graded MS65.

Carl

I would say MS 64. This coin exhibits a good strike and clean right facing field. However, the luster is not blazing, though it looks decent. I believe that the abrasions on the central devices and the marks on the rays limit it, also.